Would you ever date someone who had the same first name as one of our ex's?

If you have, what was the name? Did you tell him that you had an ex with the same name as you?

Most Helpful Guy

• There is this girl i like but she has the same name as my mother! And my ex had the same name of my sister in law. It was too weird to go through with it

What Guys Said 11

• man I had the hardest time trying to see if I wanted to date this girl who had the same name as my sister! D: D: D:

• Been there and done that. Best thing is you're not confused about calling out the wrong name during sex, lol.
    The name was Ali/Allie. Yes she knew about my ex.

• I would and have dating people with the same first names.

the name was Jen. I didn't go out of my way to tell her that I dated a girl with the same name in the past but i think it came up naturally in a discussion about our dating history... plus I'm still friends with the first ex who had the same name so...

• Yeah I wouldn't care. A name is just a name.

• I dated two girls named "Liz." never even occurred to me.

• I would, but that's never happened before. I don't think.

• never given it much thought. sense at least from my point of view I've never had a rough breakup I'm going to say yes I would.

for me I'm pretty much turned off if I find a girl has the same first name as my mom or sister.

• If it was a super common name then I guess it wouldn't be all that weird. If it was a particularly unique name, however, then that could be a little strange. At least for a short while, anyway.

• Yes i have done ir before.

• yes then it wouldn't matter if i called be that name

• Maybe I tell her but i dont prefer
    sure I will date her no pro but I think her name will bring back some memories I think

What Girls Said 4

• Good question! I don't think I could. I liked my first ex's name, so maybe I could stand that but I couldn't stand someone's name if it was my second ex's name. I don't like my boyfriend's name, just because of what it is so I'm not overly picky. He doesn't like my name either.

• I could never lol

• To each their own.
    I personally wouldn't like it though.

I would still give the person a chance.

• Same name, different people.