Guys: would you ever reject a girl because you thought you weren't good enough for her?

As in, she made more than you or she was a lot hotter than you or had more friends than you, etc.

Most Helpful Guy

• The examples you give are very superficial, and I'd be 100% okay with not measuring up to her in those areas. Shoot, most men DREAM of being with a woman who is astronomically hotter than him.

But there are other, more fundamental and meaningful ways a man could be not good enough for a woman, that would certainly make him turn her away. It takes a lot of guts to let someone know the darkest things about yourself, knowing that doing so risks rejection. It's easier to just call it off than to have to admit things that you're sure will make the other person stop loving you.

Also, though I don't have a problem with superficial inadequacies, a lot of guys feel as though those superficial inadequacies point to deep flaws in who they are and feel great shame about them. It's not uncommon, for instance, for a man to view his ability to provide as an important part of his identity as a man. For that guy, being outearned by the most important person he's providing for is worse than death, because it means he's no longer him.

What Guys Said 3

• No I wouldn't. Some guys however feel inadequate and diminished when presented by a wealthier, hotter, and friendlier prospect for dating. Some business owners and or corporate women that make6 figures and have gone to Ivy league schools have to hide such things just to get a date. I've actually experienced this with women and I can tell you, it's like frustrating to be put on a pedestal and dismissed before actually given a chance to see if I like the other person. Sometimes if the other person is liked or even loved their like in disbelief, of how can such an amazing guy like a stupid woman like me? I for one was like what? If you experiencing that with guys, I'm sorry I can relate, to the just too good to be true factor.

• No, I wouldn't. Is this happening to you?

• No, I think we both could make adjustments to each other or accept the fact.

What Girls Said 0