Is it normal for guys to shamelessly ask a girl to pay for meals?

i am dating a guy 2 years older than me. he is working part time n schooling and i am full time student with just weekly allowance. this already happen quite a number of times alr.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think if a guy run after a girl or has interest of a girl, he should behave active and positive, so pay bill for girl is one of the way to make girl feel good of him, but if you were already in relationship, then things should be fair, or men would think you only know cost his money and independent

What Guys Said 6

• 1. Where I come from - NO and I've never asked any to do so
    2. But considering today's environment and situations especially his since he's working part time and is a student himself if he's asking you to pay half the amount; I think that's fair :-)
    3. If he's been broke one of those days and asks you to foot the bill I'd reckon he should have informed you in advance
    4. If it's an everyday thing, then you need to make yourself scarce :-)

• If neither of you works full time and you're both strapped for cash you should go halves. I'm old fashioned, so I'll pay unless she insists on paying half, however I've always been in the position to do so. In his situation I'd be cool with going halves but making you pay for the whole thing would make me feel like a loser!

• each should pay their own meal. PERIOD.

• People should initially want to pay their own sides of the meal unless the other person offers to pay it for them. I'm surprised you bothered to get cheated out of your money 4 times already.

• He wants you to pay your half or the whole bill?

• Guys shouldn't pay the whole bill, you pay your meal, he pays his!

What Girls Said 3

• Do you expect him to pay for you?
    It should be an even back and forth or each person pays for themselves.
    In this world where crazed feminist fight for equality and removal of gender roles, we will have to give up the benefits just as much as the disadvantages.

• Not that i expect him to pay. I paid the meals for our first date when in fact i insist that we should pay half. But then he didn't had cash only credit card that time. So i had to pay first. 2nd date he asked me out so i thought it was only normal if he take the initiative to pay for the whole bill but then he only brough less than 10dollars. So i ended up paying for the whole bill again and the total was 4 times the money he brought.

• He's a jerk.

• for not showering her in money? Sorry, but women want equality, and women got equality. Now we expect you to take just as much initiative and economical responsibility in a relationship as the man does.
      For all you know, he could think she's the jerk because she's not taking economical responsibility.

• How I view if I asked him out, I will pay for his and mine, if he asked her out he should be a gentleman and pay for it, or you can make her pay for it, and how I view it is your showing her how cheap you are. Girls like expensive things. So being cheap is a no no.

• Maybe he doesn't have the money to eat out like that?