Why would a guy make plans, and not contact you?

Over a facetime call, (for over 5 hours) me and this guy made plans to go on a date tomorrow. This was about two days ago, but I haven't heard from him. I don't know if this is the way he is, or if he's gone off the idea? For me personally, it seems he's not that interested, surely if we he wanted to go on a date with me, he would want to keep in contact. Also, he was very complimentary in the video call, confusing me even more. Baring in mind its half 9 at night, and we were set to meet tomorrow.

Most Helpful Guy

• You are young - and you should learn this early. If a man makes a date, then breaks it without any reason, he is not worth the time of day. I have known many, many women in my life who had one rule - if you stand them up, that is the end. This is usually a very, very good rule. If this guy contacts you and says "sorry, something came up" and you let it go and go out with him, he will then know that he can walk all over you. If he does not have a damn good reason, like he was kidnapped by terrorists or something, don't even talk to him. Move on.

• This is true, if he stood me up or never contacted me and let it slide. That would be it. Like come on, its our first date.

What Guys Said 4

• I made plans for a date with a girl a week in advance and then didn't contact her until the day of the date, probably 2 hours before I went to pick her up.

• Just a note: we haven't made any set time or place or anything. Is this a guy thing?

• it usually is. for me, the feeling I got was that after I made the plans I didn't wanna keep too much contact with her until the date because I wanted to save a lot of good moments and conversations and laughs for the date and we can also catch up on the date. this is usually first date material stuff though, but it can become a habit or a precaution and carry on to more dates.

• Ask him if there's something wrong. He could be busy doing something important, but if he does not have a good and acceptable reason. Move ooooon, there's still many. Guys out there. :)

• It's every man or woman for him and her self in the dating world. People will try to play you and walk all over you. If you let this slide he will know that he can put you third fourth or one hundredth and you will still put him first. You know what to do.

• did you contact him after the facetime call?

What Girls Said 1

• This is behavior I have had to get used to with my latest. I think an "alpha" male just assumes you are on as planned. You will hear from him, and when you do just keep it casual like you never expected NOT to hear from him and that YOU assumed it was all a go, too.