Why can I not get a girlfriend?

I'm 18 years old and totally hopeless about dating girls. I've never had a girlfriend and never even kissed anyone. I've now been turned down by a total of 18 girls without 1 saying yes. This seems almost statistically impossible and I feel like I have to be doing something horribly wrong. Anyway about me I don't think I'm horribly unattractive (see profile pic but I am only 5'8) I'm aware that I'm a nerd and a little awkward and that can scare girls off. I'm in band and play the clarinet and have almost straight A's in school. But I'm not going to apologize for this though because this is who I am I know a lot of nerds who get girlfriends and there are a lot of nerdy girls out there too; however, band girls that shouldn't be out of my league still reject me. I can be a pretty funny guy when I get to know people but I think I fall a bit under the "nice guy". I hear a lot of people bash nice guys for various reasons and I try to not act in those ways. I don't think I'm entitled to sex because I'm nice to a girl, I just hoped there would be someone out there who would be interested in me if I was straight up and a decent person to them. Sadly, there hasn't. I'm not going to moan how girls only go for assholes because I'm not interested in those girls anyway. There are plenty of cool girls who aren't attracted to assholes but for some reason want nothing to do with me. And I don't blame the girl for being a bitch if she doesn't like me. Maybe I did at first but after so many rejected me I've realized it has to be my fault somehow and that's why I'm self reflecting. I've been on a few dates and feel like I'm getting so close but always end of getting "friend zoned". Bash me for complaining about this if you want but it stings and if I'm a terrible person for being a little upset when no one ever reciprocates my feelings so be it. I've asked some girls why I can't get a girlfriend and they say there's no reason but I don't believe them. What do I do?

Most Helpful Guy

• you are not alone bro we are in the same boat actually... my friends have good life in their career, relationships and sex. i'm 22 but i still have the problem like yours... i can say that i'm uglier than you bro... you are not even bad looking either... i wish i could help you bro but i still have this problem i wish someone could help us. i really feel bad about this and i thinking about suicide... i know its irrational and cowardly but it seems i dont exist even though i'm still alive... it is like i'm a dead man walking

• AGH! same here dudes, its not rlly too big a deal for me cuz I'm 13 going on 14 and yea but same here. i also go to an all boy school, so it's even harder for me to meet girls than u peeps. all of the girls i already know either hate me or the girls i am friends with just think I'm a photography nerd.
      PS IM A TOTAL BAND NERD TOO MAN, SAXOPHONE MASTER RACE!

What Girls Said 4

• well its hard for me to find a boyfriend.. i been single 7 months and i want to start dating again and this guy i dont really like.. really wants me.. but i told why i dont see him as more than a friend. i don't go for assholes and he is one of them.. that was my main reason. others were the way treated me like shit in class and then outside of classes he try holding my hand be sweet.. but in class he tries so hard to impress me by getting after school but that not a way of getting a girls attention! i am in marching band and band class.. i play flute..

• you're a cute guy. I think if you'll grow a beard, you'll look much better.
    i.huffpost.com/.../o-GAY-MEN-BEARDS-facebook.jpg

• As long as you are breathing, never give up. Just do research about it. And you will know. It's time to learn. And don't forget to be yourself. :)

• Cause you're ugly. . .

What Guys Said 3

• just be yourself and keep trying. you will eventually run into the right match.

• I have a hard time with it also, but also grow a beard, it helps, and keep it clean, I grew one ad everybody loves it, and it's RED, bonus points there. Anyways, Try a beard

• "I'm 18 years old and totally hopeless about dating girls.", that solves that! :D