Where do white people hang out?

I'm a 22 year old African. I have always been surrounded by black people my whole life. Don't get me wrong I like black people but I want to broaden my horizons and experience other cultures. I just love the fact that white people are able to do different activities and have fun without caring what others think. Also I'm very attracted to white guys but unfortunately they are less likely to approach me. Perhaps its because they assume I don't like white guys. So maybe if I get white friends, they would feel comfortable to approach me. The funny thing is I wouldn't know how to go about this. Its not like I can go up to a random white person an say hey lest be friends!
Thanks for your input!

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, the stereotype is Starbucks. You could look there.

What Guys Said 8

• I've known girls in your dilemma. They started going to a church full of white guys and I think their dilemma was gone. I wouldn't go to a church if that were the only reason though.

• You're African as in... from Africa? Where? Just curious.

And white people hang out at a lot of the same places black people do. Probably less clubs, but mostly the same places.

For a hilarious (but kind of true) look at what white people do, check this out:
    http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.com/

• I'll check it out!
      Nigeria

• Wow! Well that would be a great conversation starter, as a lot of white people are interested in different cultures (outside of USA).

• Yep Panera and Starbucks.. Trendy coffee shops with overpriced food and coffee pretty much :/ lol

• Do you go to a college or university?
    If so, there are usually cafés, student hangouts, clubs that you can join where you can meet other people.

It also helps if you have an accent, that's how I made most of my friends lol.

• Try a golf course?

• How old are you? This can give me better insight.

• We have a secret club house.

• Omg I'm white and want to try a black women ;-) message me ;-)

What Girls Said 6

• It depends on what community you live in. States and towns and communities vary when it comes to racial diversity. I originated in a town that had zero racial diversity and was surrounded by black people my whole life. Then I moved to a town that is extremely racially diverse and now have plenty of friends who are not only white but also Asian, Indian, and bi-racial. I really do strongly prefer racially diverse places to live because it's really not good for anyone to be stuck in a bubble. You grow up with one way of thinking seeing only one race of people when there's a whole world of cultures out there.

• We hang out at Panera and Starbucks mostly.

• "I just love the fact that white people are able to do different activities and have fun without caring what others think."

That awkward moment when you realize you're not white but still fit that description.

• outdoor activities? I think they like cycling at least in my country, and hiking
    then they love to hang out at cafe like starbucks

• I care what other people think lol. It's easiest for me to make friends at the gym.

• i think what she meant by that is that culturally as a black person there are things that we do that we consider to be normal however many white people do things that we do not think of as normal so to us it looks like they do not care what other people think.

• Anywhere but Starbucks!