Did I overreact with asking my boyfriend this?

So my boyfriend and I have been dating for five months now and we have had sexual encounters and fun times together. But yesterday he told me that he was talking to a girl that he used to trade naked pictures with and I asked him if he traded pictures with her recently. He got really upset and said no that he hasn't and he couldn't believe I was questioning his loyality. Then he went and told me the last time that he actually sent her a nude picture and that was back in January of this year; but I know he traded pictures with other girls as well before we started dating and he also tried to talk to a girl he tried to send pictures to recently, I looked on his phone. I'm new to the whole dating thing and don't know if I just overreacted.
What also got me upset was the fact that he also said that they both got along very well and it would be hard for them to be opposites. I don't know, I just don't understand why he was telling me this.

43

Most Helpful Girl

• No, not 'Overreacting' at all, sweetie, you have every right to be concerned and to ask a million questions of Someone who you want to make sure you really know.
    H e has a past of 'Trading,' however it doesn't seem these girls are Fading, because it almost seems that by him still 'Talking to a girl that he used to trade naked pictures with,' he Recently tried to open another can of worms by getting his hand caught in the cookie jar With------Tried to talk to a girl he tried to send pictures to recently...
    I believe that he is hinting around that he may not want to be in a relationship with you nor hooked a the hip right now. Yes, you are 'Dating,' however he may not want anything More in store right and without doing much hymning and hawing, he is giving you the hard bare facts of what he is doing behind your back and perhaps more in store As-------I looked on his phone.
    I don't give a hill of beans what he says or how uptight he gets. I don't totally trust him and neither should you. He has a lot to prove if he would ever decide to be boyfriend material... No more pictures nor wary words with it would have to speak a thousand words to me.
    Good luck. xx

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 3

• Anyone who tries to turn the tables when they are suspected or criticised usually is hiding something or not telling the truth. Unless you are repeatedly questioning him there is nothing wrong with what you have said and done. You deserve an honest answer without him being angry. If he won't talk about it explain how you feel and how it effects you. Make him see how serious it is. If he loved you he would explain and comfort you, not get aggressive or defensive about it.

• Your bf is a complete idiot for telling you that in the first place. Why would he tell you? That is just asking for trouble. He may be telling you because he wants to share dirty pics with you and is scared to ask. I think the sooner you can just forget this the better.

• Nope.. he is trying to pull something on you. It is very odd.

What Girls Said 3

• You didn't overreact, I would have asked the same thing. If it has happened in the past, it will (most of the time) happen in the future. If he freaked out, he's overreacting, so you shouldn't worry about it.

• I would've reacted just the same!

• He's clearly trying to make you jealous which isn't cool.