What does he mean by wanting a break?

I got a text from my man today saying he wanted us to take a break. He said he needed a bit to get some stuff solved, like moving into his new place, getting a new car, getting debt paid off and getting his folks off his case.

He told me this was only temporary, said he still loves me, and that he still wants to talk and text every day and hang out. He said we weren't breaking up, we're just taking a break.

My Little brother explained that my man still cares, still loves me , still wants me, still wants to hang out, but needs to get shit straight.

What does it mean when he says he needs a break? Does it seem like he still cares?

• he still cares about you
  • he doesn't care about you

Most Helpful Girl

• It could go 2 different ways, he's saying he wants to take a break either to let you down easy he might be through with the relationship and not know how to say it without hurting you, or he might just be stressed about my moving and all of that and just wanna break from you. Not forever just for a little while. It seems to me like he still cares but just has to figure stuff out. Give it some time and see where things go.

• Just spoke to him. He said be needs to focus on moving and stuff

• I wouldn't let it get to me. Like I said just give it some time and if this break lasts longer than a month or 2 (probably not even a month) it might be time to call it quits on the relationship.

What Guys Said 1

• Well sounds like a hell of a break, I agree that sometimes you need your alone time and you need a break to think about stuff, but a break means staying apart and spending some alone time or just chill hang out with some buddies to get away from everything and see the whole picture to sort some things out. Moving to his new place , getting his debts paid and getting a new car ''Huh? more debts buys him more time I guess..'' and getting his parents off his case sounds like a lot, and it will take him a long time to do so
    ''are you willing to be side benched that long?'' and what's a break if he's still going to text and see you every day.

Well don't mean to be harsh but I think this guy doesn't know what he wants, or he's too scared to man up and tell you what he really wants, it's either you face him and ask him what's really up or just go with it for a week or two and see how long this ''break'' is going to take, depends on your preference but I wouldn't be waiting for a long time if I were you. Maybe a week and just talk to him and see what he has to say.

• We spoke. We're gonna use this time to get to know each other better, get some alone time, and get stuff worked out. I'm trying to move myself.

What Girls Said 2

• Ahhhh the ultimate cop out line. Honey... he wants new a#@

• I would take it as him wanting a hall pass 😒