Too soon for "I love you"?

How long after dating someone can you use the "I love you" without scaring the other person away.
I've dated this guy for about 2 months and everything has been perfect so far. Last night was amazing and I almost uttered those words but got scared thinking it might be too soon. Guys, what is your opinion on this?

Most Helpful Guy

• There's no timetable for 'too soon'. Every relationship is different. Make sure if you do say it... and most guys would prefer to be the one to say it first... that you don't say it in the heat of passion. When you get caught up in an intense moment people say things that sound good at the time, but afterwords might have been a little too much. I've done that, and you can't take it back. 2 months isn't too soon with the right person, but make sure that's really how you feel before you say it.

What Guys Said 2

• It takes about a good year right now two months is puppy love, you think your in love but you really are not your still learning about your mate

• You can use it the moment that you feel something for him :)

What Girls Said 3

• Takes the average man 99 days to say I love you.. Frankly, I would advise any woman to wait for the fellow to say it first. Only because if is initiated from him she knows he is not "just be nice" or "just trying to keep the sex coming"

Regrettably, I got impatient with my current boyfriend. We started dating in September. At chritmas, he signed the cards with just his name and... it hurt. So when we were still dating in Feb... I "slipped" the I love you out during sex. Because if I got a Valentine's Card without love, it was gnawing at me. He had not let himself think about it. and then he did. And he thought he loved me. Fine, Nice. Except.. then he withdrew into his mancave for awhile to think it through. That was not fun at all. It would have been more satisfying with an initial declaration from him., Now, I know he loves me... but still I wish I had waited for him to take the lead. Like he did with the kiss.

• Love is love. there's no 'right time'. If you love him, tell him. Even if he still isn't ready to say it back, it will make him feel special and like you even more :) Go for it.

• That's a little early to say "I love you"