Thoughts of an 18 year old going out with a 20 year old? Is that to big of an age gap, just two years?

I turned 18 about a month ago and I just wanted to know what are your thoughts of an 18 year old wanting to go out with a 20 year old?

Thank you all for your opinions. I want to date older guys int he future, the highest I'd go for now is 20. I asked my mom about it (yes I still live with my parents) she says there to experienced for me but I don't see it. Its not like I'd rush into things that would get me into a mess.

Most Helpful Girl

• Nope. Try being 18 and a 28 yr old asks you out. That'd kinda intimidate you especially if the guy doesn't exactly look close to her in age lol. That happened to me when I was 18. Kinda freaked me out, plus he had kids. But I still went out with him lol.

• Lol damn same thing here as well. Except he was single and a science teacher

What Guys Said 7

• No big deal. Go for it!

• after you turn 18 your a legal adult and age difference no longer makes any difference as long as the two of you are happy

• I have a friend who is 30, has been married to someone who is now 45 (yes 15 years difference) and real love

• legal. I would do that myself.

pro

• 30 and 19 here ;) we are both European born and raised though.

• hahaha lol...

• if he makes ya happy there's nothing wrong with it

What Girls Said 13

• I don't think that's a big or inappropriate age gap. This is what concerns me: "I want to date older guys int he future, the highest I'd go for now is 20"

Why do you fetishize the idea of being with an older guy? If you're 18 it's not unreasonable that you get along with a 20 year old. But the fact that him being older makes you like him MORE is weird.

• I'm not trying ot date someone that's twenty something years old. I've been told i'm mature for my age I'm not going to go and do something stupid and regret years later. I'm not dating anyone right now because I'm so busy with school I said in the future I would like to but not right because school is what comes for me.

• 2 years is pretty fine if you ask me. There's not such a big experience gap or whatever. You've basically had the same education and whatnot. I don't see a problem here.

• Thank you, I asked my mom the other day but she says there to experienced for me, experienced how? Its not like I do something stupid, I'm 18 I know better.

• I think it's the best to try to talk through the situation with your parents, but do it calmly and maybe take your boyfriend along as well. Present your points of view without anyone interrupting and let them speak out as well. This may help to find out their points of view. It's the best to accept what they think even if you're going against it, but acknowledge their points of view and make them acknowledge yours.

• I don't have a boyfriend i have an ex, I just wanted to hear everyone's thoughts on it that's all. Thank you though for your advice.

• Nope, that's quite ordinary.

• Is this question serious? Two years is nothing

• Seems fine to me - it's only two years

• That's fine.

• it's not a big deal Im 24 and I once had a long distance relationship with guys that were young as 18 19 and 22 but I stoped because I liked being better of single cause I thought relationships would be to hard and stressful for me

• My ex was 2 years older than I was.

• No, not at all. :) its find

• Nope not at all. It's just two years

• That's a good age gap :)
    That's the age me and my bf got together.
    I was 18, he was 20.

• It's fine with me.

• I don't think it's too big of an age gap. Once you're 18 it's a little different. If you're still in high school and he's in college, the gap will seem bigger because of your different maturity levels and experiences. If you're both in college, I don't think see the gap as that big.

• I want to meet guys outside of high school, how I don't know how I'll do that. I'm still in high school and I'm a junior and live with my parents. My mom says there to experienced for me, but I don't see that honestly. I wouldn't rush so quickly into things.

• The best way would be through mutual friends, or being a part of things like a church group, club, volunteer organization, or working at a job or public places such as concerts, the beach, park, etc. Don’t SEARCH for them, it will happen naturally.

Older guys might not necessarily be "too experienced" for you, but keep in mind that you're a junior. Despite that you're 18, you're still young in terms that you spend most of your time surrounded by 16 and 17 year olds (in your grade). Though the actual number of your age is higher and you may be as mature as an 18 year old, you will still be considered younger because of your grade level, friends, and living situation. Your mom just means they are part of a world that you don’t share yet (a more adult world). Once you're out of high school, the world is your oyster. I highly advise you to wait a few years to date, especially if you feel high school boys aren’t your forte. You have PLENTY of time in your life & there’s no need to rush.