How do I stop scaring guys off?

I think I keep scaring guys off because I can be really clingy and needy. How do you stop being so clingy?

UPDATE: I haven't actually had a bf before. I always scare guys off before anything is official.

Most Helpful Guy

• Let me ask you something... How can you love someone else if you can't love yourself? Meaning this... if you are busy expecting someone to love you and meet all your needs, you have no room to do the same for them do you? But if you feel good in your own skin and can look towards loving someone else, they in turn (if they love themselves) can love you back.

So i bet that what happens is these guys feel like you want to take take take but not give. Not give them love or room or fun or whatever... I am probably sounding a bit harsh, but i am trying to get you to think. So the question is, why don't you love yourself and what are you going to do about it.

What Guys Said 6

• I've never been off put by clingy women. I like that, actually. The relationships I've had with 'clingy' girls have lasted a long time and been really intimate. Most guys are idiots, anyway, so you're probably better off.

Just tell him up front that you tend to be really clingy, and that if you're too clingy, for them to let you know to just give them some space.

• I am clingy too, I would not be scared of you, very few things in life scare me.

maybe I am not so clingy but I am very protective, I like knowing that my girl is safe at all times. I would not let you walk outside alone at night for instance.

• Maybe you shouldn't date for now. Take some time to be happy by yourself, because until then sounds like you're going to be anxious to be happy just because you're with someone.

• Stop it !!! My advice No don't change that cuz u can't cuz this is ur natural behave & it's nice & it means that u care much & they don't like it , it's them problem not urs :)

• By being happy with yourself first.

• you can stop being clingy. you have to understand that we are built differently. we, as guys are willing to do what it takes to make you feel the way you want to feel.. but... do you want to make us feel the way we want to feel? think of all the things that you think that you want...(because we do) now think of what we want. we want certain things.. can you do it? if you can't, then don't blame us for leaving if we can't. you just weren't the right match.. feel me? you can stop scaring guys off by stopping your habitual expression of "NO"

• I do try think about what guys want and I'm not blaming guys for running off, I'm asking for advice on how to stop being so clings...

• space, and benefit of the doubt. if you can do those two, you can snag even a deceitful man and turn him into a guy that will be honest to you. space and BOTD is on his side... but on your side, you have to be understanding, know that he will mess up according to you and be willing to forgive. can you do that?

What Girls Said 2

• Just remember that they aren't worth your time and can't fulfill your needs in the long run if you don't give them a chance to put in effort. Let him call you next. Let him come and say hi to you. It's not playing hard to get, you can still show interest (you probably called him first, let him call the next time; smile and wave, but let him walk up to you)

• Don't change who you are. One day you will meet a man who will accept you for who you are.. Some people don't realize a good thing when they have it. To me, honestly, I think the men you are scaring off are not ready for a REAL connection and these men might prefer the women who ignores their calls and texts and treats them like crap? Wanting to spend time with someone you care about is not being "clingy" and "needy"

• It does not make a difference if your with them or not... Like I said... The right man for you won't get scared he'll stick around No matter WHAT. If anything he'll scare you Lol.