Should I be honest about the fact that I've never done anything with girls?

I'm currently in my fourth year of high school. I feel pretty awkward when someone asks me for how long I have been single, how many girlfriends I've had or how many girls I've kissed. I usually just admit that I don't have any experience. The reactions vary from "Dude are you serious?" to others laughing at me or even to "Haha are you gay or what?". It's not even that I don't want to do stuff with girls, it just doesn't seem to happen. I screwed up with the only girl who seemed to want to be around me. When I gathered the courage to make a move, I heard she kissed some guy at a party whom she had met about an hour earlier. I'm not ugly, I'm confident, dressed well, smart, plenty of friends and the list goes on. I guess my personality must be shit. At this point I'm not sure if I should be honest about it when I meet new people or if I should just lie.

Most Helpful Girl

• No, be honest! Plus, I've always found that attractive. I mean, honestly, how many other guys can say that? And I don't say to make you feel behind on anything or embarrassed. I don't think you have anything to worry about. And if someone laughs or makes fun, who cares? You'll find the right girl one day and I'm sure it will be worth the wait.

• True, however, I'm more concerned about the rumors that might be spread due to this. I don't want girls to think I'm unwanted/desperate because I'm beginning to think that's what's going on right now.

• I mean, it's all how you act. People might be quick to go along with whatever rumor they hear, but I don't think you'd be labeled desperate unless you acted like you were. Plus, you are a senior right? You probably won't see many of the girls at your high school again. You won't have any rumors attached to you when meeting new girls, so I think you will be fine.

What Girls Said 4

• It's just high school. It's much easier to connect and socialize with people after you graduate! Just all the status quo's and pressures in high school make people less confident. Your time will come. In a way, you just got to go for it or you will regret it.

• Hmm I suppose you're right. I live in a town right now and after I graduate I will move to a large city to continue my studies which may make things even easier. Just gotta make it through high school for now.

• Yeah, but don't take your last year for granted. Take chances in flirting, you have nothing to lose anyway. It's not like you're going to see your classmates ever again.

• This is my last year in HS too. And like you, i've never dated anyone. I never tell anyone and they don't ask. Those who do are always surprised because guys do show interest.

Also a big part of attracting girls is that it's all about how you carry yourself. My friends tell me I exude confidence when I walk in and that the atmosphere changes a bit.

• I'm also a senior and I haven't done anything either. When people ask, I get really embarrased cus it's so out of the norm. I'm sad to say I've lied before but I did because I didn't want people to see me differently ya know? Honestly, if I was meeting new people, I wouldn't lie per say but I'd just be like, I've done as much as I've wanted to.

• I don't see any problem with you admitting that you've never done anything with girls... Just ignore them when they tease you.

• Hmm fair enough, thanks

What Guys Said 2

• Could you tell me your personality? I wanna see why you think it's your personality. And don't worry, I also haven't made a move to a girl yet, and I have a crush on one too.

• I like joking around (but that's more the type of jokes that's liked by guys). If the situation asks for it I can be very serious. My temper might be on the low side 'cause I tend to get annoyed fairly easily. I talk a lot but I might be a bit held back depending on who I'm talking to. I try to stay polite at all times and I like to think that I'm a nice person. I'm interested in video games and I listen to music whenever I get the chance to. I think the main problem might be my interests. They're probably pretty boring to others.

• Hm, I don't think anythings wrong with you. Just try to hit on girls, but not that much or else. Find a girl that you're mostly interested in.

• Hi! I'm completing my AA in college right now and I am yet to kiss a girl.

• Hi! Personally I don't necessarily think it's weird. I don't judge people like that. Other people make me feel weird about it and I'm wondering if it would be better to lie about it to avoid such reactions.