Why is it hard for guys to be honest about their feelings?

The guy at work that I have been flirting with has all of sudden become distant and a jerk. He really has seemed to be getting of on my frustration and I don't understand why he just won't talk and be honest. All he would have to tell me is that: " I am starting to like you a little more than I should and I think we should take a step back. I would definitely respect his feelings.

For those of you have commented already, I think you should know that he is married.

Most Helpful Girl

• He wants to take a step back because he realized that what he is doing is WRONG. He is married so catching feelings for someone other than his wife is dangerous and might ruin his marriage.

What Guys Said 2

• guys are scared to take a risk (surprise) and put themselves out there to be hurt or vulnerable. Its very hard to step forward and say that, though i agree, if it was so easy to be straightforward many people would have flawless communication in relationships

• Why aren't YOU honest with your feelings? You think just because you guys were 'flirting' he's sure you like him? HELL NO. We doubt ourselves at times. "Nah she probably doesn't like me"

What Girls Said 1

• it isn't easy for anyone to confess their feelings, we need to overcome the fear of embarrassment and awkwardness and rejection etec...