How important is it to you that your SO has hobbies and interests?

This one is a big one for me because I like a man who can talk about things besides his work. We don't necessarily have to have the same hobbies and interests but I like that a man is passionate about something and has an outlet. What do the rest of you think?

Most Helpful Guy

• I want the girl to have some independence and a life besides just me. So many couples I see literally do everything together and it drives them insane (mostly girls want to be with their bf).
    I want to do some things on my own (my hobbies) and I want her to have some hobbies she can do on her own. But I'd also like it if we shared hobbies and interests so we can do things together too and have our relationship be all about sex or us just together hating each other's hobbies.

What Guys Said 3

• I dealt with a girl who didn't really have any and it did drive me insane because it meant that if I was unable to hang out with her when she wanted, I got an ear full. Plus she had no car so she would literally do nothing. School was her life basically and while I want to say it should be a good thing it was unfortunately limiting her from real life experiences. Once all the family talk was done, there wad nothing and she would just repeat herself.

if the other person has hobbies they are not idle. They'll have conversation and possibly a shared interest. If anything it is critical.

• SOme of my hobbies are quite eclectic and can't be shared without some serious time investment. I would be happy to teach +share, but what I REALLY like is when a girl is great at something and loves it. Work? Work is a minor distraction in achieving real goals in life - things no money can buy.

• I understand Taylor Swift bakes and stuff. Good enough for me.

What Girls Said 1

• I like that too. But I like a guy who has hobbies and interests because let's just say he likes mountain climbing, we could go together and it would be amazing , i love adventures.