How do you get over it when your partner sleeps with someone else?

my boyfriend has slept with other women and i have not had another partner. we were on a break recently and he slept around then. now i can't stop thinking about him and other women and its making me feel ill. how do i get over it? i can hardly look at him.

0|0
1|5

Most Helpful Guy

• What was the understanding (by both of you) of what "being on break" means. My understanding would be that both of you were free to do whatever. If you and he had a different meaning, and he understood that he should not be with other girls, then move on. And stop looking at him.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 4

• Do you really want to get over it? This guy clearly is not a secure man to settle down with, and fortunately you haven't married him yet, so why are you still with him? You said you don't have a problem with sleeping around, but he does, so what is keeping you with him? Wouldn't you rather find a guy who you can trust to remain faithful?

0|1
    0|0
  • Gawd sake another man with no respect and loyalty. You deserve better than him. Do your best to ignore and move on. Don't consider taking him back. He's the loser, not you. Time will heal.

0|0
    0|0
  • You were on a break. That usually indicates the relationship wasn't in a good place to begin with - if this is troubling you so much why haven't you ended it permanently?

0|1
    0|0
    • This guy has the right of it.

• we went on a break because he said he needed to find himself. he had been depressed lately so i thought he needed space and to feel independent. didn't expect it to mean he would sleep with someone right after me. like literally a few days later... we also live together and have lived together for years :/

• This is why you don't take "breaks" in relationships.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• technically you can't. you can always try sleeping with other people and see if that help

0|0
    1|1