Is it a red flag when a guy won't talk on the phone or Skype in our long distance relationship?

We are in a 5 month long distance relationship and my guy doesn't like to talk on the phone or Skype, but texts all day long and meets in person when we can. I've told him I like the phone and Skype better, but he always dismisses it. Is this weird? In person and over text he's great.

Most Helpful Guy

• Look... I would say yes, ... more often than not it could be a redflag BUT... sometimes very shy guys hate phoning or skyping. I am like this. Its strange, I can text like a master seducer but I hate the phone because it exposes a shy guy more. You doubt your words and convictions I suppose. I also prefer meeting people because my body language (like a smile) helps my confidence. Its actually happening to me now. I am trying to organize a band. I have texted and emailed everyone and set up meetings but I haven't phoned them. Its weird.

• Thanks! It helps to get s guys perspective! I think he's just being weird about it and as a girl with insecurities, I worry that it's me.

What Guys Said 1

• No not necessarily, it could be personal preference, I for one, don't like talking on the phone, or chit chatting in my PJ's. I enjoy looking my best and also the phone is not a hands free option as I need to hold it to me ear, with texting I can set it down while doing other stuff and meeting face to face I can look my best in appearance, in order to Skype I would have to put some clothes on and look presentable to the other party, and sometimes I like just walking around in my PJ's or boxers. If he's not given you any other reason to doubt his faithfulness or commitment, maybe your intuition is a bit off.

• Thanks! I do think he's being a bit lazy about it and I just don't get if he cares about me, why wouldn't he want to do something extra for me. I've verbalized it to him a few times already and he kind of just ignores it.

• Have you done much for him? He maybe thinking things are not fair if he's always doing so much for you and you may not reciprocate in an equal amount. Men have a different point system then women do, for girls it could be one gift one point, for a guy it could be the size of the gift equals 50 points, especially if you two keep score. A guy usually thinks a dozen roses equals 12 points and a girls would say no that's one gift one point.

What Girls Said 3

• Have you actually met this person? I'd say it's a HUGE flag if they won't speak via phone or Skype.

• We've met in person and he's totally affectionate and great. Over text he's awesome. But he never wants to call or Skype. We're far apart which is why I ask to do it but he's just not into it. Texting is do impersonal.

• Have you been to his home? Maybe he can't talk bevause he has a gf or wife around.

• Seemed like he hiding something or someone from you

• You meet in person, I guess it's not a red flag. I mean, he can meet you in person there's no reason for you to see each other on Skype.