Can being too nice land me in the friendzone?

Always put me in the friendzone cause that's what I experience and I have the label as a nice guy plus whenever I get close to a girl she just considers me a good friend

Most Helpful Girl

• There's nothing wrong with being nice, so don't second guess yourself for that. Be patient, the right girl will appreciate all of your qualities, and especially your kindness.

• The question is in gonna eventually gonna have to approach that right girl but I'm too scared to also I'm 23 and never had a girlfriend

• Don't knock yourself out before you even get in the game, that'll just wreck yourself esteem. Be confident when approaching women. If a chick doesn't like you or isn't into it, then to hell with her, keep on trucking. Eventually you'll meet the right person, or who knows, you may not even be looking for her when it happens :)

What Girls Said 3

• Yes, yes it will. Why? Most girls like the bad boy type, I personally like the nerdy type. We want to see you when you're acting crazy, mean, stupid, funny, weird and you know all of that. When we introduce you to someone we want to be able to say " this is my guy, he is the weirdest funniest person you'll ever meet, his awesome” not just "my boyfriends is really nice". But Not all girls are like that. Some like the nice type too.

• it depends on individual girl
    but u dont have to change urself for that

• If someone wants you to be bad to like you then you are too good for them. Keep being nice, and someone will come along

What Guys Said 6

• That's because your talking too much, offering too much of yourself and leaving nothing to the imagination. If you like a girl, it starts with confidence, like you know your the best thing since that silly rabbit and his cereal. When you get the number, stay off the phone, the phone is for setting up the date, if she text dont be to eager to text back, answer back and say hey, love to talk but I got company and dont want to be rude, then say can't wait to see you.. See she can't friend you, cause she is interested in getting to know you, and she I persuing you. The female lion hunts, the male lion eats, get it. A woman wants what she can't have, or understand. God and Adam told Eve to not touch... tell a woman not to do something, and see that she won't do it... you make yourself the forbidden fruit, and she'll want to take a bite. Conclusion, be cool, dont bare your soul, talk and be charming in person not on the phone, and please make her laugh by being a WISE ass... then you will find yourself in her comfort zone, dancing in her end zone, instead of being penalized in the FRIEND ZONE!!!

• clapping for this guy GREAT ADVICE

• thats another why i like to keep the ball in my park (figuratively speaking), WHILE KEEPING WOMEN GUESSING LOL

• He's right - the more you tease her and the more of a challenge it is the more she will enjoy the chase.

• Nice will probably not land you in the friend zone. BUT, don't confuse nice with being too timid to approach a girl. If you don't approach a girl and let your intentions be known, that can friend zone you. Approaching her and letting her know your intentions is not being a jerk, or being un-nice, unless you are overly aggressive with it.

• Well I kinda am scared to approach fear of rejection its why I'm 23 and never had a girlfriend

• You can think of it this way. If you never let your intentions be known, then you have basically friend zoned her first. You have basically put them on that level and never been able to move beyond that.

A type of question you see here at GaG a lot is a girl who asks something like:

"I've known him for 4 months and he's never asked me out. Does that mean he's not interested?"

This is how a lot of girls are going to think. (obviously not all) If you've never let your intentions be known, they can easily think you aren't interested and assume you are a friend.

I know it's not easy, but you need to give *some* indication that you like them as more than a friend. You have to move it forward. It can be hard. It can be terrifying. But that's still what you have to do.

• Well... it depends. If she is a sensible girl, then she will not friendzone you just because you're nice. But if she's among the majority of girls who friendzone nice guys left and right, but swoon over jerks, then yes you will be friendzoned.

• Yes. If you act like a girl, a girl will treat you like a girl.

• I'm not I'm being polite being a gentleman treating her with respect and class like she deserves

• Act like an alpha male, boss, tough guy. Think: Daniel Craig from the new Bond films - be like him.

You're obviously being too much of a pansy, as evidence shows.

• That's not to say you ca't be a gentleman at the same time!

• Then stop acting like her bestfriend or worse, a doormat, Mr. Nice guy.

• Being too nice is, often by low end or confused women, translated to weakness and a lack of confidence. Being nice/kind but also being direct, not afraid to be honest with her, and confident is always a mans best bet with a woman.