Would you call your friends with benefits pet names?

I've been in a friends with benefits situation for a few months and just about a month and a half ago he started calling me pet names like boo, baby, darling, babe...

When he called to come over last week, right before he hung up he called me "babe". "Okay, by babe" He's never called me babe on the phone before, just in text messages.

I don't know a lot about friends with benefits (This is my first and last one) so I don't know if that's too normal.

• Yes
  • No
  • Only if I wanted more from him/her.
HE JUST DID IT AGAIN! . I told him good look on his finials (he's in grad school) and he said "Thanks darlin'!"

Most Helpful Girl

• It's normal. Those are names, people in relationships would call their partners. It sounds bland cos everyone's copying what other says to each other.

• It's just their way of being 'affectionate' with you.. unless you prfer he calls you nothing affectionate at all.

• He's human... Is that a crime? Why would that confuse you if you know what's really betweeen you too?

What Guys Said 2

• Ah.. Nothing wrong, just concentrate on taking benefits.

• I don't even want the benefits anymore. I've already expressed that want more in the relationship or I'm out. I'm not cut out for this friends with benefits crap.

• He said he was to busy on with his school work for a relationship for a real relationship.

-But he still calls me pet names
      -He's caresses my cheek now.
      -He kisses me a lot more.
      -He hangs out with me even after we have sex now.

I'm getting to the point where I'm going to stop texting and stop answering when he contacts me. Either shit or get off the pot.

• He is busy for love but not for sex?
      He is just using you. Ditch him now.

• I'd say just relax and let it develop. I mean your focusing on what your officially calling your relationship, rather than how you actually feel and are treated directly. He's giving you time, attention, love, pet names, cuddle etc. I'm not seeing how it's just a friends with benefits, friends with benefits is usually, hey come over, lets have sex, and then you can go home. It just doesn't sound like that from what I can understand.

What Girls Said 5

• No I would not call my friends with benefits pet names because that makes it seem like we're in a relationship. My ex boyfriend used to call me love or babe. And when I had a friends with benefits he would call me by my name or Hun but that's it. He may be starting to have feelings for you that's why he uses pet names with you.

• so? if it bothers you, ask him to stop.

• I didn't need your "so?" comment. That wasn't even the frame of the question...

• It always amazes me when people turn into asshole when they get called out for not comprehending what they read.

• i call all my friends babe
    i don't see a problem with it just because you are sleeping together

• How long have you guys been in this friends with benefits thing? I have the same problem :(

• At the time of this question it was about 9 months. We NEVER agreed on a friends with benefits thing though. We have since parted ways and he called me darling all the way up to the end. There were times when he would tell me I was "too good to him". At the moment he is low-key stalking me and texts me at random times and running away.

• how did everything end up working out? I'm pretty much in the same situation