Girls: Are athletic/muscular girls only attracted to bodybuilders?

Since I've been in college I've realized that I'm very attracted to athletic women. By that, I mean women who play sports, lift weights, and/or have some muscle definition. The really athletic girls at my gym seem to gravitate towards guys who look like they take steroids of some type. I lift weights but don't aspire to be a bodybuilder.

Athletic girls, do you only want to date bodybuilders?

Most Helpful Girl

• do i only want to date bodybuilders? No. Im an avid gym goer, macro tracker, and all that stuff. Yes, it'd be nice to date a guy that has the same interest in that kind of stuff, get motivation of each other and everything…but i like a guy because i like him. my current bf doesn't go to the gym, lift, or any of that.. he's a gamer, but i still love him.

• So you'd be more attracted to a guy if he lifted than if he didn't? I really like athletic girls and I'm trying to figure out how to attract them.

• "NOT in the middle of her workout. never do that."

Please... I spend 10 hours a week there, so trust me, I'm well aware of the sanctity of workout time.

• Thanks for your advice :-)

What Girls Said 4

• Over here from your answer :) I'm quite athletic and my boyfriend is sportswise but he's very slim as he's 6'2 and only just gotten into lifting. So I definitely respect lifters and those who are getting into it, and ideally want a guy into gaining muscle etc but he in no way has to be a bodybuilder! Just motivated :)

• I am an avid gym-goer, if that's what you want to call it :P I lift heavy, and like to live an overall healthy lifestyle. Having said that, I have been attracted to every shape possible, honestly! I'm not just saying that to promote body positivity shit, but it depends on many many things. I mean my "perfect" bodied man would be a cut muscly man, but I have found guys with all ranges of muscle mass attractive. For me, it's more or less the act of going to the gym and lifting weights that makes me attracted to you, than the amount of muscle mass, or how cut you are. But just make sure to be you! It's how the guys talk to me, and the things they say that make me find them even more attractive (:

• I lift weights and want to get cut, but I know that I'll never get as big or ripped as the guys in the magazines because I'm unwilling to dabble in drugs. I'm so attracted to the girls who lift, though, and I just wasn't sure if they all wanted to be with actual bodybuilders.

• I lift weights and workout everyday but my boyfriend doesn't workout at all. He's not fat but he's not fit at all.

• What's your ideal build for a guy? I want to build more muscle and have some definition, but don't want to be huge like a bodybuilder.

• I'd rather them be muscular, they don't have to a bodybuilder type build but they should at least be toned

• no not really. However i dont mind having a workout buddy.

What Guys Said 2

• Not necessarily

• Bodybuilders are ugly.