Why is it hard to know that he loved someone before me?

The girl before me was the first one he loved.. They live in the same city, I live in a diferent state.. It's long distance between us, I have no doubts in us I know he loves me but it's really hard to think how he loved before me... And that girl is suffering.. she still loves him and I am also feeling sad about her. What the hell is wrong with me? Is that normal?

*Sorry about the mistakes I'm not American :)

Most Helpful Guy

• It's normal. Stupidly high levels of empathy.

What Guys Said 3

• simple,

cuss as a female competitor you feel threatened on the fact that you could end up like his former lover.

best of luck [TheNinethGuy]

• Yeah, I smell rebound somewhere...

• Why so? I loved before him once too, also Im Catholic and he is Muslim, he wouldn't be in this relationship for a rebound, this is a risk and a fight :)

• Very well... Don't say I didn't warn you.

• Ok but i doubt that rebounds last 2 years :)

• Of course you have doubts... if you didn't have doubts you wouldn't be jealous of his former fucktoy.

What Girls Said 3

• It's normal to feel that way especially because you're long distance. My boyfriend used to be engaged and she died a few months before the wedding. I always wonder what she was like and if I'm "better" than her. You're feeling that way because the first love is always important

• I had my first love too I understand..
      You are special if he is with you I believe so :)

• That's normal. We have the same situation but I trust him and that his love for me is enough so I believe he knows his limitations. Just trust him, and you'll never have to worry

• Because you subconsciously or know that he still loves her or you fear it