What does it mean why he says I'm his gf?

So I've known this guy for a couple months now and I'm pretty sure he's liked me for a while. He's very touchy feely and nice to me. His friends always try to get us together. He comes over to me to talk. He's also suddley mentioned dating. Well today he came up to me and asked to talk to me in private. I agreed and at the end of class he came up to me and said "you're my gff" and I asked what that ment and he said girl friend for ever. I playfully punched him ( why tf would I do that?) and he said that we're dating and that if I' ever leave him he'll get really sad and cry. He was also telling his friends that. He never actually formally asked me out though. What does this mean? I also really like him so idk?

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 2

• Really? This sounds more like highschool than what your age is saying... but anyways. This guy sounds like a complete unexperienced guy in the world of dating. If he has NOT formally asked you out & you guys have not been dating for a while then the idea/notion of you being his girl is DENIED! One does not simply tell a girl that they are in a relationship.

• Yeah the account has my age wrong I'm 14

• @Asker You should have noted that, but it's fine because I still think you need to tell him that in order for you to be his gf he needs to ask you out formally to a date. If that is something what you want.

• I'll probably text him to clear the air.

• He made the choice for you. It's your turn to decide if you want his choice to be yours

What Girls Said 2

• Honestly, get concrete facts. If he didn't ask, don't treat him as your boyfriend. Manly because he told you, and didn't ask like. Making it seem like you're in a relationship, and you didn't have a say in it. Make him come up to you, ask you if you'd be his girlfriend. If you have doubt that you're actually his girlfriend than you need him to clear up the air. Makes sense?

• I think he was teasing you to see your reaction
    He kind of has to ask you know

• What do you mean by that?