Am I shallow? I love this guys personality I'm just not attracted to him!?

This guy I know he has liked me for ages and he has a top personality, he is funny and nice and all that but physically I'm just not attracted to him! What should I do? Give up now because I don't think I could completely love him or keep trying?

I just don't know!

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't give him hope. Don't make him keep pursuing you if you don't like him. It's totally alright to not like him physically, but you do like him as a person. If you give him hopes that you can be his girlfriend in the future, and it doesn't happen, you may lose him forever.
    Be straight with him, tell him you don't think anything will happen between both of you, this way, you can keep him in your life as a friend.

What Guys Said 5

• Be Honest with him. Tell him that you don't find him attractive but that you enjoy his company and very much still want to be friends. Let him decide whether or not he accepts that or if he wants to move on.

• Physical attraction isn't everything, but without it, there's nothing.

• Don't lead him on. There's a girl, out there, who will find him attractive, & deserves his time & attention. Just based on what you said, this good kid deserves someone who will appreciate all of him. Clearly, that's not you.

• tell him frankly that you are not physically so he will know... i think this guys likes you a lot so it will hurt him... but better hurt him now than giving him hopes up to be your gf

• Give up. Don't lead him on because it just won't work.

What Girls Said 1

• If there isn't any physical attraction, a romantic relationship won't work. A HUGE part of relationships is physical intimacy, and if you're not attracted to him, it'll only make everything awkward, un-enjoyable, and lead to the relationship ending, and you both deserve better than that. It doesn't make you "shallow"; People can't help who they're attracted to, and you can't force yourself to be attracted to someone. But as the other answers mentioned, don't 'lead him on' or make him think that you're interested, because it'll only hurt him in the end, and you really don't want to hurt anybody.