I'm always shy around my boyfriend, how can I be more confident?

This guy is my first real boyfriend and we hang out heaps but only if my friend will come cause she is confident and talks and makes us laugh. She's going away soon and I really wanna spend time with him but I'm scared cause I guess I'm scared there will be nothing to talk about or it will be awkward, I'm not fridget like we've kissed and hugged held hands etc but I just wanna be able to talk to him and be confident I told him I was shy around him and he said it was okay and everything but I cry nearly every day because I'm pathetic that I don't even talk to my boyfriend. And he is so amazing like I talk to him the minute I wake up to the minute I fall asleep through text and I'm my normal self but in real life I'm shy I just need help please :( :(

Most Helpful Girl

• It sounds like the main problem is you're insecure. He obviously really likes you so you shouldn't be nervous or shy around him :) Just be completely in the moment and be yourself 100% because that's who he loves! Trust me it's such a huge relief when you can act like your true self in front of your boyfriend like you do over text and he'll love it too. Good luck! x

What Guys Said 2

• Spend time with him. Try an activity, like a card game or something. Or, maybe you don't have to talk much. Pick a tv series on netflix and go through it with him, after every episode you can both discuss it, you may be more comfortable talking to him after that.

• You'll get use to them. Time.

What Girls Said 1

• How can you be with someone, you can't talk to? I give you the credits of him being your first and you are most probably utterly excited about "having a boyfriend", but I really wonder how you can be together with someone, you can't probably talk to and need someone else with you. It can happen on the first dates, but people usually get together, because they feel like they can talk about everything. What made you two be together in the first place? A common hobby? Then talk about that. Ask him questions about himself.
    Otherwise, just imagine him naked in an awkward situation, that always helps to not be too mesmerized by someone elses appearance.

• I have been with him for a while and I really love him. I just need my friend because I get shy I can talk to him but I guess I'm nervous! I have had a few relationships when I was younger but me and my bf are serious! What made us together is my friend has known him for like 4 years so she introduced me to him so we talked online for like 3 months and then started hang out heaps and then he asked me out and I said yes. But thanks for the advice.