Which is more important to you looks or personality?

Be honest now. I know you'd like a combination of both but which one is more important. I'm starting to feel like I'm never going to get a proper boyfriend just because I'm ugly.

Most Helpful Guy

• Both are equally important. Exactly 50/50.

There HAS to be attraction just like there HAS to be a connection.

Without either, the relationship is not happening.

• Yeah but to me connection and personality is different. See I can get along with different personalities, and maybe even build really strong connections with multiple types of personalities.

• @red_dragon

I think I know exactly what you mean. Like, you can have your certain "type" but yet you connect way better with a girl who you'd never expect to connect that well with for whatever reason.

Right? If that's what you mean, well you connect to that certain girl because of her own unique personality. That's what you're connecting to. It just so happens that she's taken you by surprise by showing you you don't always connect best with a certain type.

• Kind of. Me personally I don't even know if I have a type. I said outgoing as a example. I guess I focus on each individual girl when it comes to that and not just "well she's this type of personality so I know I won't like her." Being the open person I am I guess it's 2nd nature.

What Guys Said 8

• Personality. Sure, I'm a typical red-blooded male, and I like to look at classically attractive females more than non, and in fact, we are all typically wired to respect and be attracted to "the norm of attraction" for our society. For guys this does mean the obvious physical aspects. However, I've never turned down good conversation, even if it means dealing with odor or bad breath. Be interesting. Don't worry about being shy, or stuttering. Find something you like, be confident and commanding in that area. Real guys who care about real people prefer personalities. We might just need a little convincing.

• Neither. I like connection the best.

• From what i can see in your pic. you are not ugly. I would totally go for you. For me a bit of both is required. If a girl is good looking but has a terrible personality. It's a HUGE turn off for me.

• Well actually many foreign guys are into me but the Finnish ones more rarely...

• That really sucks. My advice is to try and be more confident. make some moves, if you are comfortable doing that. Do something different with the way you dress maybe.

• Both as important as each other. I wouldn't date a girl who I found unattractive, just as I wouldn't date a girl who I didn't like.

• Personality, no question. That said, there has to be some mutual attraction, otherwise it won't work.
    & FYI, you're definitely not ugly :-)

• That's tough question. As you said, a combination of both is perfect.
    I think, I care more about personality, but looks are kinda important as well,
    a girl doesn't have to be a model, but she shouldn't look like a monstre either.

• skool era erom tnatropmi ot em

• Which is more important to you food or drink... you die without either one, so they are both important.

The same goes for looks and personality.

What Girls Said 3

• Obviously personality wins in the long run. So I'd go with that but attraction is also a must.

• Well I think there needs to be at least a little bit of physical attraction for a relationship to work. But personality is obviously more important but as I said there needs to be physical attraction too. And dont worry you are pretty! And also keep in mind that there's a bunch of guys that thinks the exact same thing as you. I remember the last day of school I decided to just confess to a guy that I never thought I would be good enough for and he said yes right away and he said he was too shy to ask me heh :)

• I ment that there's a bunch of guys that thinks they aren't good enough for any girl because they think theyare ugly or w/e

• Both a fairly important to me.