Am I the ultimate douche bag?

For the past month or two, one of my female friends has displayed a very obvious interest in me and texts me really often. Her texts are littered with compliments and favors. She's nice and all, but I just wanted to be friends. So I asked one of my friends to help create a fake girlfriend for me. We made some faking loving conversation between me and the fake gf then I took screenshots and sent them to him. We then prepared a group convo between me, him, and my female friend and he pretended to be hinting at my "gf". Then I pretended to deny it and he sent screenshots of the fake convo. She was trying to keep calm but it was apparent that she was shocked by her change in behavior. It was a painful conversation... but the deed is done. Am I a total douche bag for doing this?

if only this had gotten more responses 2 months ago? lol...

Most Helpful Girl

• Uhhh... yes and no. If she thinks that you are taken, she will not feel rejected and would perhals remain friends. But she deserves to know the truth as well, but it would make her feel rejected and she would probably cut off all contacts with you. You sound smart lol :P But if you respect her feelings slightest bit, tell her the truth.

• I just didn't think it would be polite to straight up be like "I don't like you" because she hasn't directly admitted to liking me. It's just blatantly obvious that she does like me and several of my friends have even mentioned it to me. Would it still be a good idea to let her know? And if so, how should I do it without coming off as a coneited jerk?

• Once it actually allows me to, I'm going to give you MHO lol

• Okay :) Thank you in advance :) :P

What Girls Said 5

• (Fangirl scream) OMG there's A HARRY POTTER AD IN THIS WEBSITE? ( *british accent*)

• Glad I'm not the only one who still cares about Harry Potter T-T

• yes, you go do that and dont forget your wand!

• I taped back together the Master Wand! sorry of that's not the correct name for it lol... it's been so long

• LOOOOOL wtf why didn't you just tell you weren't interested instead of creating all that drama like why the extra effort

• haha I don't even know man... I'm really stupid

• You should just be honest with her.

• But... this question is almost a year old 😂 I was honest with her and made extensive apologies. At first she was very upset and told all her friends who then hated me for months, but by now the girl is one of my best friends so her friends also forgave me and all is good 👌.

• I've done this before like every seance you've said except my friend that helped me was a girl.. He was nice and all but he wouldn't get the idea so. I felt like the worst perish ever But he was this weirder older guy that wouldn't leave me alone

• haha WOW I thought it was totally original
      I feel super bad about it because she's a very nice girl, not creepy or overbearing or anything bad really, I just wanted to be friends is all.

• I think in your case it was a very sensible thing to do

• Yes! Ugh it gives me the chills just thinking about it

• Gonna be honest, and don't get mad-yeah pretty much. It's ok though, cuz you live n learn am I right? You should've told her you wanted to stay just as friends and she would've been disappointed, but maybe felt better than this. Believe it or not I had a crush on this guy. He found out. At first he had no feelings for me whatsoever, but then he asked me out. A year and a half later and here I am. 😆 I'm not saying you have to date this girl, but maybe apologize, bc it's obvious you feel bad, and maybe just take her on a date as friends to make up for it. It'll make her happy, and you'll feel less guilty. Good luck!

• haha it's too late... I blew it. I've actually been trying to repair the friendship over the past few weeks.

• Well, like I said live n learn. Everyone's gonna make a mistake at some point or the other.

• definitely! I'm glad I learned my lesson lol
      for what it's worth it seems like my friendship with her will turn out okay (she's accepted my apology but still in the process of getting over it)

What Guys Said 2

• Yes, you are a dickhead and a coward. It will bite you in the ass eventually

• Ouch /: that sounds painful

• my ass is still hurting from the bite... I'll remember this pain forever and refer to it whenever some stupid plan gets into my head again

• Yes, you are a tool.
    You should have simply told her straight up.