Do you believe it to be racist to only be attracted to girls of a different race?

I was called racist by a friend earlier because I'm only really attracted to Black and Indian women (I'm white and 17). I was told it's racist to only be attracted to certain races but I thought this was normal.

Does anyone else feel the same sort of attraction and is this racist?

Most Helpful Guy

• If you're only ATTRACTED to a certain race? No.

However, if you only treat that race as a human being and everyone else like dumb monkeys, then yes.

What Girls Said 8

• It's only racist when you put another race down about their looks, and feel as if you are superior.
    It's only racist when you feel every one in that particular race is ugly (which is why you find them unattractive in the first place).
    It's only racist if you have extreme hatred to other races that are not your own.
    The list could go on...

It sounds to me as if you have a preference.
    So, do I.
    But my preference lies more in how one treats me.

I like to keep my options open.
    Why exclude someone just because they aren't the race you usually go after?
    You could be missing out on a fantastic person if you just open up those doors a little more.

In my opinion,
    People are too quick to call someone racist.

You are a little close-minded, yes!
    But, racist no!

• No. it is just a preference

• yes.. you have a fetish! your superficial just going by looks alone. A booty does not have a personality.

• but does having a fetish or being superficial (which neither are applicable) make him racist? I think not. it means he has a sexual preference

• u judge by usernames? mine is based on a nickname from 7th grade (about 20 years ago). judge away

• I stand by what i say.

• Nope just, don't diss other races in the process because, people who do diss other races they are not attracted to usually by their SKIN COLOR which is racist

• no coz ur white, its just preference

• No because I'm black and I told my parent I'm never dating a black guy. They don't care my bro doesn't want me to date a black guy either. I have never been attracted to them.

• No you are not racist.
    You just have preferences like everybody..
    for example I am more attracted to black guys.
    Doesn't mean I am racist it's even the opposite of being racist because if you are you wouldn't like people which date out of their race or are a different race :)

• No its your preference.

What Guys Said 9

• You're not really racist. I'm white and I'm interested in white girls, it doesn't mean I'm racist, it's just a matter or preference. If you prefer black and indian women that's OK, you're just following your preferences.

• Dude you like what you like, fuck what anybody else think. It's your life and your pursuit of happiness. Me I'm currently dating a black woman who I care for deeply, but I am in love with Asian and seasoned white women. Why? I have no clue. I've never been around any Asian ladies and only a handful of mature white women but damn if they don't get my blood pressure up, if I get either lady I'll probably spoil her rotten. I've been since I was about sixteen and that feeling has stuck with me like a tick on a shaggy dog. It's not racist just you preference. Do what make you happy little homie.

• Yes. Fuck racial preferences.

*Waits for downvotes*

3.bp.blogspot.com/.../bring-it-on-o.gif

• You don't get to choose who you are and aren't attracted to, just like you don't get to choose whether or not your heart pumps blood.

If that made you a racist, then racism would be considered things like "normal" and "necessary".

• no it's not racist. It means you have a preference.

• yeah i think it is LOL

• No as long as u don't have racial stereotype grudges / hatred behind your preferences & attraction.

• Whoever was calling you a racist needs to look up the definition of racist.

Being attracted to Indian and Black women is not racist, but you are limited yourself by closing off your dating pool. Tis all.

• No, racist are people who don't like other races.