Can you want a relationship but still want to be single at the same time?

is it normal to love being single but also want a relationship?

• Yes
  • no

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah I feel that way all the time. There are times when I feel I really want a relationship but at the same time I like the single life. I've never had a relationship so I think it's just that I want to know what it's like. It also scares me to think about being that close to a person. I just really would like to know what sex is like and everything. I just don't want to go to random bars to do it. At times I wish I could find a guy who would be open to friends with benefits. But then even that idea scares me. I'm starting to think that at my age it's too late. I mean no man is going to like a woman in her late 20s who is a virgin. He's going to see it as a red flag.

What Guys Said 7

• sounds nomal, because sometimes you might feel lonely.

although i want to be single, i never felt lonely LOL

• yeah lol we all have been at that cross road

• It is hardly the most surprising of human contradictions.

• FWBs/cuddle buddies/open relationships were made for this.

• You can want all you want but it's not gonna happen.

• It's called having your cake and eating it too. It's a common fantasy with younger people. In reality it's not sustainable.

• They're called open relationships, & definitely not for everyone.

What Girls Said 6

• That's the healthiest way to be! Then you're not so needy & desperate for a guy's attention all the time. It means you're happy with who you are & guys will love that about you. Unless you find an extremely clingy guy which is okay too, for some people.

• Yes its normal, when you feel like that maybe its best to just have casual dated, but let the guy know you dont want a serious relationship

• Yes! The story of my life... LOL

• Yeah it's definitely normal

• Try swinging /polyamoury :p

• Definitely. I feel the same way. But in reality it just means you're not ready for a relationship