Should I let my boyfriend try to pick me up?

My boyfriend really wants to pick me up for some reason because I said I hate when guys try that, so naturally it made him want to...
He is like 6'0-6'1, and around 140 pounds. I'm 5'8, and around that weight too but I wouldn't be surprised if I was a little bit more than him because he is pretty skinny. He doesn't actually know my weight and thinks I weigh less than I do, but he is saying he's picked up 200lb guys before so he's sure he could lift me
I'm really self conscious about weight and it makes me nervous that he either won't be able to, or will be put off by my weight.
Am I being ridiculous or can I just tell him no? I've said I didn't want him to but he's joking that he'll do it anyway...

Most Helpful Guy

• News flash, ALL of you females are heavy. You are a full grown human being, it won't exactly be like lifting a pillow lol. Your weight isn't even distributed evenly, so its not like lifting weights. But fuck it, let him try and pick you up, if he can't, it really won't matter.

What Guys Said 3

• ... when i see comments like this i think... would you like to know what to eat for breakfast tomorrow... you should take the subway instead of driving... yes you should pick 5 instead of 12 as your lucky power ball... do i have tell you what to wear tomorrow as well...

some things have to be decided on for yourself jesus woman... if it bothers you that much tell him back off when he trys punch him in the fucking face... but really getting upset cause he wants to pick you up... people these days are just pussies -.-

sry if its rude but you people need to make up your own damn mind on shit instead of relying on social media to make your decisions for you

• He should easily be able to pick you up. Let him try. He's not going to lift you over his head or anything, but he should be able to lift you. Just let him be the one to balance you and don't move around a lot.

• Just let him try it. He'll probably get an ego boost from it... let him have his moment!

What Girls Said 1

• I think your just over looking at it babe.. 🙈 in all honesty I would think a guy would love to "be all caveman like" and carry his gf around the place..
    I mean if it bothers you a lot tell him why.. (Because he surely doesn't know why) other than that, I think he wants to play around with you in a manly way lol