WHY does this guy act like this? any ideas HELP?

there's this guy i know who gets very quiet around me whenever i try talking to him it quickly becomes awkward. like our conversations literally consist of me asking questions and him answering or asking the same back. he also starts playing with his phone which adds to the awkwardness. there are times where he goes out of his way to avoid me and its so obvious though i ignore it. then at times he surprises me when he smiles at me or comes to me on his own and sits with me on the bus - im starting to think he's just being nice because of his other behavior. I've seen his interactions with other girls and they seem more relaxed and a lot better than ours and I've seen his facbeook/instagram he follows girls all the time.

when we talk he tends to act clueless on things i know he's interested in, or act like he's not as interested as i know he is. then when it comes to talking about our weekend plans he doesn't tell me stuff truthfully but gets curious on mine or so it seems by the questions he asks

well i ran into this guy on the bus a while ago and after talking for a few min it was revealed he is a childhood friend of the quiet guy. he told me to add him on Facebook at the end but i forgot. a couple weeks after i sent him a request but he was on vacation he told me he was going when we talked. well he's back and he hasn't accepted - is it because of the quiet guy?

i was ahead of the quiet guy in the bus lineup a couple a days ago. we happened to look at eachother and smiled at one another. i was planning on skipping the bus that came so he didn't have to feel he had to go and talk to me, i stood on the side. he came up to me and motioned me to go in, so i did. then at the end he asked me if i wasn't going to go in the bus (ive done this before for the same reason) - i said yes and made an excuse - does he think im avoiding him?

ps we both are 20 - ya very childish indeed lol

What Guys Said 1

• He likes you and he's is very nerviuous around you so he doesn't talk much and uses his phone as a distraction.

What Girls Said 1

• He totally likes you! He's just nervous...
    If you like him and you want him to open up, you should make him feel confortable, like asking him about his life and talking about yours.