Do guys really care about girl's weight and looks?

I just really want to know. Do guys go for their looks? Or do they talk and develop feelings by talking with girls and stuff?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, a girl's looks and weight do matter. Now, they're not the only thing that matters, but if a girl is not attractive whatsoever or overweight, I don't think a relationship would ever develop. There has to be some level of attraction.

This is what I'm looking for:

I don't have any "perfect" body type that I prefer; just as long as everything's (relatively) proportional. Her height and weight create a normal BMI score and everything fits her body. Having a beautiful face is most attractive. That being smooth skin, deep eyes, great smile, good teeth, beautiful hair, etc

What Guys Said 3

• For me personally, I am not attracted to overweight people whatsoever.. Weight and face are kind of equal values.
    After that my attraction increases or decreases DRAMATICALLY depending on your intelligence and ability to hold an interesting discussion.

• Looks catch our attention, but we only develop feelings when we get to know her.

• Of course, if I don't find her attractive then I can't get that "spark" to make me truly interested.

• So girls who aren't very attractive will never have guys like her?

• Not true, not every guy finds the same thing attractive. There has to be SOMEONE that finds you attractive.

What Girls Said 3

• Everyone develops feelings based on personality, even guys! but that doesn't mean looks don't matter, they do matter, and they matter more for the majority of men, cause by nature, they are far more visual than girls are. so Yes they DO care, even when personality wins over most at the end.

• Yes. Just stay in shape and the boys will come to you.

• Exactly! ^^This best answer!

guys are most likely to approach an average to ugly looking girl who is fit, than a more prettier average girl with chubby or overweight body. Men are mostly visual... and even when personality matters, they won't get to know your personality unless they approach you first, and if you're out of shape, it would be harder for you to show off that awesome personality you have, cause less guys will approach you.

• @skullly I think they pick body over face too. Girls never believe me when I say I see hot doods with ugly chicks.

• Of course they do. Men are visual creatures.