Why is dating so easy for everyone else?

It seems like everyone in the world has a significant other except me. I'm a senior in college, smart, in good shape (6'4"/185lbs, or 1.93m/84kg), I'm by no means broke... I just feel like this shouldn't be THAT hard.

My problem is probably that I have very limited dating experience (dated 2 girls in high school, couple months each). For whatever reason I'm just not comfortable going up to random people and asking them out, and I'm done asking out friends (only two girls I've ever worked up the courage to ask out were good friends, both rejected me).

Any advice on where to even look? I don't really do the bar/party seen that much (no time, I also probably take the rest of my life too seriously. oops). Is that the best place or are there better ways to go about it?

Most Helpful Girl

• be friends first but not too long and you need to flirt with them so they know your interested, generally girls will do nothing you have to initiate. They lose interest if you dont because they assume you dont want them. Wait to long on a friendship and you get "friend zoned.

Be acquaintances say hi to them all the time, talk to them regularly about casual topics like school. then when it feels right say "wanna grab a coffee" sometime. Or maybe ask to study together, get her number this way then just call her to talk or send friendly flirty text messages. College puts you in a good place to meet girls and casually be friend them, then just ask. Dont come on to strong though saying wanna go on a date might be too much at first. If its too hard for you this way just try online dating, then its straight to the point, but i think this way is more interesting.

What Girls Said 2

• Well, don't give up! You just haven't found the right girls yet. Best place would be your school. Plenty of intelligent people on the same track as you. Or some sort of club or group or organization, or church or volunteer work, where you spend time with people with the same interests as you.

Also, keep in mind that while dating and relationships are nice, they aren't EVERYTHING. You don't necessarily need to "look" for a girl to date, you'll find them with time. Just be open to the possibilities! And don't necessarily rule out random people or parties. Plenty of people meet just when they least expect it. For example, maybe you're in line at the grocery store and you compliment a girl on her scarf. Who knows? Maybe she's really friendly and you guys will have a conversation that leads to something more. Compliments (make sure you mean them) are a GREAT place to start.

Good luck and I wish you the best!

• I dont see the problem here. If you like the girl you would always find the right words to ask her out.

What Guys Said 2

• Not everyone has a s. o bud, and I find the dating hard too. The reason being... you make it hard in your head. You fear something that isn't even there (as the other dude mentioned, the end result). The best is to interact with the world. Do the "go out and do a social hobby/sport" thing. Also look at yourself as to why you find approaching people uncomfortable. Most guys who struggle with women have poor social skills. Maybe join Toastmasters or do acting classes. That may boost your social skills. Another thing I learnt (burnt) the hard way is to get an exciting life. Just do things. Travel, do that sport/hobby, start working on a project or goal and be ambitious about it. Those things build you as a man and makes you more attractive.

• Because you only see the end result, example you go to a restaurant order food, you only see the food and leave with it. Yet, you don't see what or how the food was made