MEN: do you have a "the one that got away"?

Who is she? Why didn't you chase her or fight for her? Would you be with her now if you had a chance?

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd like to think I'm somebody's "one"

To be frankly honest, I'm quite the catch.
    I'd be worth the Pokeball.

... Yeah I'll just continue to delude myself. Don't mind me.

What Guys Said 13

• Yes a few. My first hard lesson in love. Attraction is a skill and not a "click that happens". She was a highschool hottie and we had got together. But after only 3 weeks, every high school jock and player went for her and the one guy took her away from me. As much as I tried, I lost her and it seemed the more I tried to get her back, the more I pushed her away. 2nd lesson in love, the more I fought for her the more clingy and needy I looked. No I would never go for her now. At our age 30 or so, I can get better. 3rd lesson in love. If a women gives you shit, there are tons more. Why fight for her? its a waste of time. Last well learnt lesson in love, I had to leave a really awesome potential girl to move overseas. I would get with her if she moved here (which she cant). I learnt to choose my goals and future plans over a woman and I will be fine due to lesson number 3.

• She was a devil in a dress, but an angel in the face, never really mine, but just owned her for the day, a slave to her when she called my name...#2 Because we had too much of a Love, lust and hate relationship... #3 No, because we would continue the cycle of craziness, love, sex, breakup, love, sex, breakup, etc...

• If i understand you correctly then yes i do.
    She was an amazing girl to me both in looks and personality and i loved her way more then i ever loved someone before. She felt like a true sister to me.
    The reason i never chased her was a point where we both knew long distance wouldn't work out for us since she required a lot of affection. A strong friendship remained even when she got together with someone else.

Eventually though the friendship died with time, the distance and the fact we where both busy and quite different people made us grow apart to the point where she had no time to fix our friendship and no interest in just chitchatting.

If i had the chance i would certainly want to be with her even though i ended the friendship and moved on. I still think she is amazing and i do believe that if we lived closer everything could have been fixed.

• i wouldn't saay mine is that deep and its probs not rlly importaant. but there's a girl i rlly messed upp wit and I don't know how i feel about her tbh , legit pushed her awaay and its probably nvr going to be good between us. thats what hurts the most, because maybe we could've been really good together if we were both interested. why im not chasing or fighting for her? im not good enoughh and obvs i would want to be with her if i cleared upp my feelings.

• Yup. I've had a crush on her for way too long. We're both fairly shy. But being the more shy person, it took me forever to actually tell her. Side-note: never sign up for marathons trying to impress her. But yeah, when I actually did, she started dating someone else already.

I told her and that's that : ) I think any further is just being butthurt and inflexible. Undeniably I really liked her, but just like things death of a loved one, you have to accept that life goes on. If I had the chance, yes.

• Yes, her name won't be given. I did chase her but did it in the most idiotic manner. I would want to be with her but I think the damage has already been done.

• Yes, I do. I will never find another woman like her again. :(

• 7th grade the 1st and last time I asked a girl out. lol

• Not exactly, but I have a "the one that got bored and left for greener pastures."

• At the time it felt like she was the one that got away. Later I realized, it was just silly lust. I was infatuated over nothing! NEXT GIRL!

• More than one...

"Why didn't you chase her or fight for her?" - Because that's stalkerish/harassment.

"Would you be with her now if you had a chance?" If she (any of them) wanted to be.

• lol stalkerish/harassment.

• Well when I girl says she's not interested I just need to try get over my feelings and give up on her... bothering her isn't going to achieve anything.

• I do. And when I tried to win her back, my plan to sweet talk her into reconsidering backfired and she unleashed a blitzkrieg of her inner bitch. She was mean and nasty when I showed her how much I wanted her back.

• What did she do?
      Was she your gf?

• Yes she was my girlfriend. We started a relationship too soon. I told her I was a virgin at the time, she freaked out. At first she took it well, then she said she wanted to go on the pill so I can lose it without the condom. Then 5 days later she changed her mind and decided taking my virginity was a huge responsibility and broke up with me.

I called her up and asked her to meet for coffee so we can have a reasonable discussion and so I could try to convinc her not to. At coffee she was very mean and nasty. Told me she barely even knew me and that i was a creep and a loser for being a virgin this late (22).

• Fighting or chasing is known as creepy, stalkerish, or frightening. When she decides she doesn't want you, behavior that was once romantic no longer is. You can't make some feel a certain way about you, that's their choice.

What Girls Said 2

• A few drinks One night of great sex and he never called again... :(

• Most men date bitches and whores so I wouldn't be surprised if they had one that got awayc