What's the highest weight athletic women start finding men attractive?

I've been single for a long time now while getting my life together and I'm interested in dating. About a year ago, I weighed 300 lbs. I've since adopted a more healthy lifestyle and I'm down to 240. I want to date someone who lives actively, but I can't get a second glance from anyone. I'm sure it's because of my weight, but I was curious about what weight the ladies start paying attention.

Those are all excellent points. To help clarify, I'm 5'9". My BMI is 35.6 and I'm sitting at 37.8% body fat. I've considered that my social skills are also a factor, as well as my clothing style, confidence, and hygiene. The hardest part are the social skills, for personal reasons.. I get it's mainly what's on the inside that counts, but it doesn't exclude the outside. I'm still curious about what the upper bound is for what point a guy goes from eye candy to not.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well... like minded people usually find more in common with each other.
    If you're not athletic looking --- doesn't mean you won't be attractive to an athletic girl, but the odds are they'll go for the athletic guy much sooner than they'd go for you.
    I'm not athletic, so I don't really know all that much about the mindset of an athletic girl.

What Girls Said 3

• don't be so sure that it is ur weight. 240 isn't bad and wouldn't stand in the way.
    To like someone u don't just look at their weight. I've had an ex who weighed a little more than u and even his face was less attractive but he was smart, caring, a gr8 lover, and many qualities that would qualify him to be a good bf.
    focus on improving urself as a person and then everything will improve naturally without trying. I know it is easier said than done it but that's the truth I guess.

• I'm attracted to fluffy man, do pay attention that your weight is not that bad if you're tall? But also you have to show confidence, the way you stand and walk will determine how you feel about yourself. If you're not happy with yourself imagine what are you projecting to this outside people. Think about it, you're not bad looking all you need is a little confidence in yourself

• Well, there are plenty of active ladies out there who might also weigh 240 themselves, but I gather that's not what you mean?

What Guys Said 2

• You've done really well! 60lbs in a year is something to be proud of.

You're above average in terms of height, and muscle weighs more than fat. That makes this harder to call. Someone like you at 5'9" could be 190lbs looking great with lots of muscle, or 190lb still looking out of shape. It's more than just the number on the scale as you say - being a well groomed, well dressed and exuding an air of positivity and confidence are also very important.

• You're telling us 240 but the thing is some men look good for 240 we need to know height to weight ratio in order to tell how distributed it is
    Plus you'd be surprised how many girls start finding a guy attractive based on his personality