The only guys I see girls actively interested in on my campus are the very hottest guys. Do girls really only want the top 10% of guys?

At my college the only guys who girls really seem to genuinely want are the hottest guys. The other guys don't even seem to appear on their radar. They might date them, but only as a fallback, and they never seem that interested in them. If one of the hottest guys even smiles at them, though, they rehash it for the next week. Yet these same girls wonder why they are alone and lament it like there aren't any other guys around.

My question is, do college girls really only want to date the very hottest guys?

Most Helpful Guy

• yes they do. And i got a hypothesis why.

Because hot guys KNOW they can get any girl they want. They also know the very hottest girls can take time to get in bed, so whenever they're looking for a quick fuck they look at girls not as good looking as them. This make said average girls believe they ACTUALLY got a chance with tim, when in truch he only used them for the sex. So confused by this, they blindly aim for guys they can't get.
    So in short; guy loks down for a quick fuck, and the girl suddenly think she can actually get the guy.

So yes, it is true. BUT the hillarious thing is none of these girls will get the guy. Why? Because if we apply nash' game theories to dating, the guy will KNOW he can get any of the girls. Thus in order to exploit the benefits of them all, it's a disadvantage to settle for one. The result is he'll fuck them all, but never commit. Because committing means loosing what he can gain from the other girls.

• I think you're right. I think some girls are seriously delusional thinking that they are going to get anything other than used by some of these guys. But somehow they convince themselves that a player who has dozens of options will commit to an average girl.

• It's not about not seeing him as a player, it's about not realizing that he's in fact lowering the bar so he can get the girl quicker (because he knows an 6/10 girl feels just as good as an 8/10). Any hot guy does this. They conuse it and think it means they actually got a shot when it comes to something serious, when in fact he has access to the very best girls for that if he bothers to work a little.
      So they confuse his cheap fuck standards with his dating standards, resulting in believing they can get more than they in reality deserve.

• i'd like to apply nash' theory of games here. (it's really about economy, but illustrates my point perfectly. Also, if girls understood this it'd be a lot easier for them)
      The player (reffering to the guy, in this context) gets a lot of attention, and it is in his interrest to keep that attention. It is thus a strategically bad idea to commit, because it means giving up opon the benefits from the other girls. Should he chose to commit for some reason he got a wide array to pick for, and can chose the very best. However this is (as stated) unlikely, because he wish to reap benefits from all of them.

(girls, listen)
      Furthermore the second players, the guys the girls turn to when the hot one dumps them don't want to feel like a fallback, and thus choses to reject the girl and not get a girl instead of accepting her. Thus by going for the hot guy, the girl is exploited by the player, and on the same time marked as undateable by other players because of this

What Girls Said 7

• Oh I just love how you took such a small sample size, your college, and extrapolated to generalize all women or all college women.
    -_____-

No offense to some guys, not all guys, but a lot of guys (especially on GaG) have such a low opinion of women, and try to hide it and pretend they're "good", that it's no wonder half of y'all can't get dates. I say this over and over again. I can't stand phony "nice" or "good" people. I trust these types of people less.
    I like when people are upfront, whether they're nice or not.
    Be real with who you are. If you don't like women, or think that bad of us, fucking say it. Don't act like a small sample size reflects all of us though to "justify" your detest for us. Just like some overzealous feminazis, if you don't like men, then fucking say it. Don't hide behind a movement just to pretend the patriarchy or whatever to "justify" distrust for men. If you don't like white people, fucking say it. No need to bring slavery, the KKKs, or whatever to justify why you don't like white people. Fucking say it. Be upfront. Phony people piss me off, but phony people pretending to be "good" piss me off the most.

I respect more the wolf who will tell you he's a wolf, than the wolf in sheep's clothing who pretends.

• Your rant doesn't address my question at all. You're insinuating that any guy who expresses problems with girls is a closet misogynist. So girls can post about whatever problems they have, but guys have to suffer in silence or risk being negatively labeled. I'm really, really tired of this double standard.

I could give a shit for your sarcasm and snark. If you don't like my question, you're not forced to post an opinion on it. The fact remains that my observations (and those of other guys) are valid whether you or any other girl respects them. I love girls, but girls aren't perfect. You cause guys just as many problems as we cause you. We're not really allowed to discuss these problems in real life so we have to resort to talking about it on the internet.

• @Sigma88 so my observation of cheaters isn't as valid? Neither are my friends? Neither my family? But you and the @askers observation of the "top 10%" are valid? Interesting. . Very interesting. . .

• If we're looking at it from all areas (personality, behavior, physical) then of course you observation is as valid as any other. We're strictly referring to physical attraction.

• Of course I would be happy and smile if a hot guy smiled at me. Who wouldnt? But I fall for the guys with the same interests as me. Someone who wants to jam out or go to the forest with me. Even if it means he's not in the top 10% . For me its more intellectual then anything & I want to know I could have fun him.

• It's the same the other way around. On my campus, the guys only approach the top 10% for females. If you don't look like Meghan Fox, GL getting that college D.

• That's not true at all on my campus. There are lots of girls who are average looking who my friends have plotted to get with, but no luck. The regular girls just act bored with the regular guys.

• That's funny because most girls I know are alone and want badly to have boyfriends. We feel like we get ignored by average guys because when we chat them up, they get these awkward looks on their faces and try to get out of the conversation as quick as possible.

It works both ways, man. Guess it just depends on where, when, and with whom.

Omg hahahah since we're on the topic, I remember going up to this one guy and he wouldn't even talk back. Like, I tried to start up a conversation, and he just stood there staring at me with an amused expression, without saying a single word. I ran for it. It was mortifying hahaha

• I guess we're all fucked, then, no pun intended.

• Not really , every girl has different standards. I have high standards though

• Why settle for less?

• Because that's all you may be able to get.

• I know, most women think they're grand prizes who deserve the moon and stars. That's my point.

• You can't change the mindset of all woman. A lot are ugly and think they're hot so they want a hot guy. What's the problem here? If she just wants a hook up she'll try to snag the most attractive guy. Everyone knows physical attraction if the first thing people take note of and the first thing that catches anyone's interest.

• You talk like it isn't the same with guys. Guys are crazy for the top 10% of girls and many see them as a prize and drool over them. Guys are shallow too.

• No, I know that there are plenty of guys who only want the model-type girls, but that's not even half the total number of dudes. Most guys are realistic because we want to actually get laid and have girlfriends. Lusting after unattainable girls doesn't accomplish either one of those goals.

Girls, on the other hand, tend to be pickier and hold out for that one amazing guy. That's why there are so many girls and guys who leave college never having had an SO during their time there.

• Well let's put it this way, in real life, you see more unattractive guys with beautiful girls than hot guys with unattractive girls. Hot guy with a not so attractive girl = almost never happens!! Girls care more about personality than looks

• That's your perspective. What you may see as an attractive girl with an ugly guy may be seen by guys as an average girl with an average guy. Girls tend to rate themselves higher and guys lower than guys rate both groups.

• Wow, I'm surprised. It's impressive you've been able to find out who each and every girl is interested in. I can't believe that not a single girl in your entire campus is not interested in a guy who is not a part of what you have deemed to be the top 10% of guys.

You should probably spend more effort on your studies if you've got this much time on your hands.

What Guys Said 11

• I see the opposite going on a lot. There's a good looking girl with a not-so-good looking guy and then people just say "She probably wants his money" or something.

I see ridiculously out of shape guys chasing "9's" and "10's" telling these girls "looks don't matter" then when the girl goes off with another guy they call her a "slut" or a "whore" or whatever insults they can think of. Yet that "7" girl they are "friends" with and actually have more in common with they're not interested in and they make up excuses like "we're two different people" even though they get along great.

I also notice that many girls are too intimidated by good looking guys and many girls even say they would be too scared to date one in fear that he'd find a "better girl" and they will usually mean a "hotter girl" by this.

• In short term relationships, women raise their standards, men drop them.

This is because in long term relationships, people pair off on a 1-1 basis. In a hookup type situation, that's not true. the top 10% of guys CAN screw the top 40% of women, so women can shift standards up if they're having casual sex, while men drop standards for the sake of easy sex and multiple partners.

• Relationships are becoming a thing of the past. It goes against biology to pair for long and the old ways of creating incentives for men to pair are gone.

• Hate to say it, but girls are far more shallow when it comes to dating. Eventually, some will start settling for average looking guys. It's nothing new, just live life.

• im sure they aim for the highest but once that fails they might try something more on their level. are the girls equally as hot?

• No, not at all. Aiming high is great, but if it's unrealistic, it's just a pointless fantasy. I could aim to be with some actress, but then I'd have to resign myself to being alone forever. I was raised to be realistic about myself and my place in the world. I guess some of these rich girls didn't have any such restrictions on their lives.

• If they're just aiming to hookup, girls can hookup above their dating league.

• @kheserthorpe yeah that too fosho!

• When talking about mating of course females only want the best mates they can acquire. It's why females have more celebrity crushes than males do and why those crushes tend to be more well-rounded functionally generally based on their works as well as their appearances instead of just T&A.

• Its the eighty twenty rule. Twenty percent of guys bone eighty percent of women

• In hookup situations, yup. If relationships are the norm, it moves closer to even matchup (though the top guys still tend to do serial relationships while the bottom guys ignored).

• You're right, relationships aren't the norm at all among young people. To hear women tell it, guys are the only ones who are bitter, but go talk to older guys and listen to what they say about the women they date. Most women who are still single when they hit 30 are bitter as fuck.

• Yeah I think its funny how older folks dont understand that times are changing

• Girls think the same way lol. Like, they think guys all want the top 10% girls

• Who doesn't want the very best things in life?

Joking aside - stupid, isn't it?

• "Wanting" is one thing, but "getting" is an entirely different matter. I want many, many things that I will never have, but I'm not silly enough to pin my life's ambitions on the attainment of them.

• Yeah man these girls be shallow I say forget them focus on your career

• Girls are going to say "why should we settle?" What they don't realize is that the top 10% of men likewise only want the top 10% of women--because why the fuck should he settle, lol.

So that leaves the remaining MAJORITY to figure out they aren't that desirable, lol. Comes with age and baggage.

• I think there's a lot of dishonesty about this. You've made an accurate observation and too many people have a hard time accepting it! As you get older the superficial becomes less important, just less important though. If you're not hot you have to make up for it in other areas, deep pockets are an advantage lol. Of course not everyone is shallow and superficial, but lots are.

There's chemistry in attraction but there's a lot of box ticking when it comes to your viability, aim to tick as many boxes as you can.

• I think this is true. I've realized that the only way I'm going to be successful with girls is to have something material to offer them. The only problem is that then dating becomes a business transaction, like she's dating you because you have a quality lifestyle in exchange for her companionship.

• That's true, it can be done with personality... there's a lot of trail and error involved to find out exactly what works for you in that case though- how you look has an influence on how people perceive you. I don't necessarily mean hotness here, it's like if you're quite a big intimidating dude (but not hot) and you're quite softly spoke, some girls like that contrast. It's a pain in the ass man lol

• trial*