Was I being a bitch?

So my boyfriend and I have been dating for 2 months. We were watching tv at his house when a VS fashion show commercial came on. He started talking about how sexy Adriana Lima is and how much he likes her. I calmly said "I think it's disrespect to say that about another woman to your girlfriend" he changed the subject.

A few days later we were watching tv and he was like "omg she is so hot I've seen her maxim photo shoots" and I was like that isn't cool to say. He ignored me so I said I was just going to leave because I felt disrespected. He started yelling at me saying he does all these nice things for me and I am ungrateful because I don't like his comments. He's never done these comments before these two times too.

He came out to the car and said all his exes were fine with it and it's not a big deal. I said "I drive an hour each way to see you and I don't want to sit there listening to you talk about other women like that. It's rude and not necessary" he stormed away and texted me it's over on my way home that he never wants to speak me to again and that I'm crazy!

When I brought both up to him it was not mean or bitchy it was more like "hey I don't like that can you please not say those things" very calmly. I am very secure with myself I know I'm very attractive but if I drive two hours total to see him I shouldn't have to listen to those types on comments.

Is he overreacting? Will he realize he's being a jerk and come back?

Most Helpful Guy

• He is weak. Do away with him.

What Guys Said 7

• If you've calmly and respectfully let him know that you don't want him to say such things, then he should respect your requests.

If he doesn't, then that's his problem, not yours.

• No it was a right thing to do. If he would have really loved you he wouldn't have even opened his trap concerning this topic. Get rid of him! He does not appreciate you.

• I would have left you aswell

Clearly there is a lot of insecurities going on. i talk I my girlfriend all the time about who I find attractive etc . Hell, there have been times when she's like "wow, look at that chick... she has the best figure I've ever seen"

• You handled it very calmly compared to how other girls would react in the same situation. As long as you don't talk about other men being attractive and expect him not to care then no, I don't think you're being a bitch at all.

• Thanks! I've never mentioned other men so I'm not sure why he started thinking it was alright for those comments. Do you think he will realize he's overreacting and apologize? Honestly all I wanted was an apology and I wouldn't have left.

• I don't think you're being a bitch at all. Everyone is different with regards to what they're comfortable hearing their significant other talk about. Some girls might be fine with it but that doesn't mean you have to keep your feelings bottled up. It sounds like you were very reasonable about how you approached it, and if he can't respect your feelings on it it's his problem.

• I kinda would think you are overeacting if I was watching a show around my girl and Jennifer Lawrence popped up I would be like damn she's attractive. But also its just saying she's hot we still realize we are in a relationship with you.

• I don't think he is wrong and I don't think you're wrong. You two just aren't compatible. In my view, he is serious and it's over.

What Girls Said 1

• You are not the bitch!!! He's an ass! He shouldn't have been saying those things to anyone at all because he was with you. hopefully he will realize he was in the wrong and hopefully he won't do that again with anyone. He broke up with you because he made you feel disrespected... I don't know that I'd take him back because he seems childish. You deserve a respectful, mature man. Not a disrespectful childish boy.

• Thanks! He even asked for all the gifts back that he gave me! I can't believe he's acting like this.

• You're welcome! :-)
      Wow!!! He's being a child girl, turn the other way! Don't waste your time thinking about him either, he isn't even deserving of that.