How do YOU get over someone you never dated?

Honestly it's harder than being broken up with because it's like you have this ongoing "what if" fantasy going on in your mind.

Most Helpful Guy

• how long has it been? are you still around that person?

• 3 years and no he isn't as of recently.

• what happened though, were the feelings mutual?

• Yeah they were... I think I am almost over him though i've come to realize he doesn't even deserve.

What Guys Said 8

• make other friends don't stay without doing something
    cause than that's when you get depress, i went through a
    bad relationship the first time and i went nearly crazy so
    you really need to get into other social gathers, text friends
    to meet up for outing go to the mall, go to movies. the worst
    thing to do is meet other guys, you want take break and look
    at things this way how much better you are now.

• My current coworker suggests that the woman I was previously interested in was an airhead. I'm inclined to agree.

While letting her know how I'd felt post-rejection and getting her response made me upset again, I find that I'm happier when I don't think of her at all or think of her as a fool.

• Just convince ya self it would never have worked out ^_^

• I'm in the same boat. Maybe we should date each other. Mutual assured distractions.

• I just go "eh she probably had a boyfriend anyway".

• just dont think about them

• yes this is very hard because this "what if" is hard to loose

• yaah.. i also don't know how to get over... i am also not able to forget my love of life..

What Girls Said 5

• yeah girl i... dont know=/
    it's lost love, or lost 'like'. i guess eventually one just has to come to terms with reality. rather than thinking of 'what if', we just have to accept 'what is'.

• Focus more on reality. Remind yourself you cannot date him. Find a new crush, somehow. But... just focus on reality, do things that keep you busy. You will gradually forget about him.

• I've been in a situation just like that and honestly I still like him till today

• It's possible to get over someone you never dated only if you meet someone else whom you may like more.
    I just think you need to meet more people.

• I was in that situation. I liked a guy a lot, I was crazy about him, maybe I was even a little bit in love with him. It was like that for about three years, in that period of time I saw him almost everyday. Then I changed schools and it was over, seen him 2-3 times since then. It was hard at first, got easier after about 6 months, now it's been a year and a half and I have gotten over him. So I guess it just takes time and patience. Though probably, if he was still a part of my everyday life, I'd still like him, that's for sure. But it is what it is. Out of sight, out of heart.