How can I get over this experience to approach girls?

okay when i was 17 at a dance a girl thought i was following her when i was trying to approach her and loudly said in front of a bunch of my friends that i was following her and it was creepy the instant has made me scarred to approach women how can i get over it

Most Helpful Guy

• Dude... never hover. Im going to go with the girls perception of it. Don't TRY approach her... JUST BLOODY approach her. There is a really good rule with guys and approaching, if you see a girl you want to approach, do it within 3 seconds. Don't think of it, don't dwell on it, don't think of awesome pick up lines, just go up to her and say hi. The best mindset I can give you is to try approach her as you would approach a granny at a shop;) I know sounds weird, but guys never stumble when talking to a harmless granny and they do it with a smile and generosity. Just say hi and make a comment or joke about the situation you are in and hold the conversation. Just see it as a guy chatting to a girl about the situation (don't think about a date or end consequence). The real problem with guys isn't actually the small talk, its taking the conversation to a level where you ask her number or a date. If its a stranger, be direct (you have no choice). Do the approach, say hi, make small talk and then tell her strait that you think she is cute and after chatting to her you would like to continue speaking to her over some coffee.
    - But try speaking to everyone, its great practice at just being social
    - Go out and approach women. Its a confidence builder and if you learn from your rejections (you will be rejected and every guy that has an awesome girl has been rejected) But you have to step out your comfort zone. If you don't, you will be like some us 30 yr olds complaining why we don't get girls (when the answer is really to get up, go out, and throw yourself in there)

What Girls Said 1

• That girl just seems mean. Most are probably not like that. Just be confident, girls/women like that.

What Guys Said 1

• That was one woman. Don't make one all. Find another woman and talk to her just walk up to her and try not to remember the experience