Girlfriend doesn't like me calling her dude?

Lol why does this bother her. We've been dating two years moving in together soon. I was in the marine corps so I talk a certain way and say dude and bro a lot. Is it really that bothersome? I think it's better than bae.

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't want to be called dude or bro if I was in a relationship with my partner.. it's like friend zoning someone even though your in a relationship with them.. Haha.. Try words of endearment man..

• How about pudding pop or snuggle muffin?

• Lol I don't think it's that bad.

• hmm just don't use bro or dude lol

What Girls Said 5

• Eh, it could just be a pet peeve. A lot of girls don't mind it, but some do, thinking it sounds more friendship-y. Anyway, if she doesn't like it, don't call her "dude" or "bro."

• It matters a lot. she's ur girlfriend not one of the guys. she's on a different level. So act like it and try calling her affectionate names like baby, love, sweetheart, dear... etc...

• Nah I find it funny.

She probably thinks it makes her feel like one of the guys; ie, less feminine. Call her something cute and corny, maybe. Like, puddingtop or muffin. Hahaha

• (laughing)
    "Dude" is my catch phrase when not at work.
    UPS with total approval :)

• Haha my bf gets mad when I call him dude too. That's just how I talk... Yes I am from California hahaha no we all don't surf!

What Guys Said 5

• Using "dude" to refer to any individual is pretty fringe. Traditionally, it only refers to males. Be thankful she doesn't want to be male. Also she might prefer you call her something that you don't call your buddies. Pet names are popular because people like to have a special, reserved position in their SO's life. By calling her dude she might feel like she's just another friend to you. Would you call your dad Jimbo as though he were any old guy whose name you know? Calling him Dad signifies his importance to you.

But yeah, anything is better than bae.

• Well I'm glad you agree anything is better than bae. Solid feedback.

• What is wrong with you Dudette, She not a friend but your gf, Think straight bruh and bae is wayyyy better

• she's a lady and your gf, treat her like one. Also I know marines and they don't say dude or bro, that seems like more of a young teen thing.

• Every other word is the f word too. But I've managed to change that.

• Would you like it if she called you sister or dudet would you fuck your sis

• Do I fuck my sister what the hell lmao. You look like a future pedophile dude.

• What the hell.

• I'm joking relax.

• Trust me, using bro and dude is annoying as hell. It makes you sound like a California surfer.