Girlfriend is deleting messages. What does that point to?

My girlfriend and I have been dating for about 4-5 months. I told her from the beginning that I was mending a broken heart because I was getting over an ex of 4 years.

Anyways. Everything was going good until one day I had her phone and I saw some text messages from a guy at our college. I was pissed because she was saying that he was the reason she was smiling that day, but after a long thought I forgave her.

Now every blue moon I look at her phone and when you click on messages you can tell she was deleting them because some message threads would disappear after a slpit second. I'm not sure if it's guys or what.

What do you think could be going on?

Most Helpful Girl

• Hi! Usually when your gut is telling you there is something wrong..9 out of 10 chance, there is indeed something wrong. If she is deleting messages she is insecure about a conversation. First, you should ask her face to face what is going on. When someone lies you can tell if you focus on eye movement. I learned in my advance psychology class if someone does a rapid eye movement to the left while talking they are telling a false statement. A relationship is based off of trust. If you are having second thoughts or insecurities find someone you will feel comfortable with and that deserves you. :)

What Girls Said 3

• She's most likely cheating on you. Like I don't know if she's physically cheating on you yet. But it's pretty clear that emotionally she is not into you. I'm sorry. But she is a waste of your time since you can't trust her. If she's feeling the need to delete her messages then it's time for you to delete her from your life. You should never let yourself be considered as second best.

• Why are you snooping through her phone? Relationships won't work without trust.

• Well, I'm going to be honest. I cheated in one of my relationships because I was feeling very smothered and needed space. When I started talking to the guy I was going to cheat on my ex with, I would delete messages and he would think its sketchy. which pushed me even further.

Just develop an open communication, ask her why she's deleting messages but don't be confrontational. If you just figure out what's going on with her, you can stop a potential mishap. Approach it with ease.

What Guys Said 1

• You already know the answer to that. You should have ended it the moment you realized she was involved with the other guy.
    That said, checking her phone like that is a huge red flag that you don't trust her. If you don't trust her, don't be with her.