what do his actions imply? explain if possible!>?

this guy gets very quiet when i try talking to him and it quickly gets awkward and barely gets no where because he just won't contribute. by contribute i mean i feel im the one trying to come up with things to talk about while he answers and or asks the same thing back. he also starts playing with his phone. then at times he avoids me and its so obvious though i ignore it. then these rare moments he smiles at me and or comes to me and sits with me on the bus on his own. im starting to wonder if he's just being nice because of his other behavior

I've seen his interactions with other girls and they are a lot better than ours and I've seen his facebook/instagram - he follows girls all the time so i dont know if he's shy?

also whenever we talk he acts clueless to things i know he's either interested in or knows about/ and when weekend plans come up i feel he doesn't tell me anythign fully but asks questions when i mention mine

a while back i ran into a guy on the bus and after talking for a bit it was revealed he's a childhood friend of the quiet guy. he told me to add him on Facebook but i totally forgot. i remembered a couple weeks later and sent him one while he was on vacation i believe. he's back and still hasn't accepted - is it beacuse the quiet guy said something you think?

anyways a couple days ago i was ahead of the quiet guy in the bus line but at a certain point we happened to look at eachother and we smiled at one another. i was planning on standing on the side and not boarding the bus because i didn't want to make him feel he had to talk to me. but then he came up to me and gestured me to go in so i did. at the end of the ride he asked me if i wasn't going to go in (ive done this before because of the same reason) i said yes and made up an excuse - does he think im avoiding him?

ps we both are 20

What Guys Said 1

• I used to be shy and I used to do the exact same things around a girl I liked. Simply he doesn't contribute to conversations because he's always second guessing what he's saying, worried that he might say something that he'll regret. He pulls out his phone all the time as it's an excuse not to talk to you and potentially embarrass himself. However he's not shy all the time, only in specific situations so in the bus her feels more comfortable being more outgoing.

What Girls Said 0