My boyfriend said he's gonna propose on Christmas?

I been with him 11 month's and he's the love of my life what should i do

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 3

What Girls Said 8

• I'm going to try to not mention that your bf is a sexual predator (oops there I go)

If you're planning on not getting married until after college... fuck it... get engaged. you're not really engaged until you have a venue booked anyway.

• Its says you are under 18. I think you guys should wait a bit. When you get married you have to take on a lot of responsibility and its going to be hard especially because you are still in school. It would be more frustration than happiness. I think you can take it as a promise ring and tell him that you are not ready to get married yet. Its better you wait and do things the right way. And lastly I think that you should get to know him a little bit more you haven't even been dating a year yet. Don't rush into things hon!!!

• Not to turn the tables on this whole thing but if you love him as much as you say you do at your age, and he does you too, why is he rushing this?

An engagement is a pretty big step so I'd say while you may think it OK to go ahead because you love him, you've only known him for 11 months -- you haven't finished high school, you haven't reached the peak of your emotional maturity (sorry, but there's science to that), and, assuming you're open to it, you haven't done the move in etc. (things really change when you live with someone)

Lastly, if he loves you enough, he'll let you live a life (maybe with him by your side) before proposing. If he's 12 years older, he knows what he wants in life, and chances are, he has more of an emotional foundation. You (probably) don't -- even if you love him and want to be with him. You might think you do. But you don't. And you won't for a while. Trust me, I still don't!

• I know what i want in my life and i know that I'm gonna marry him and I'm gonna say yes when he proposes i love him i over look his age

• Well you say yes if you want to marry him, but you're a bit young. I would suggest waiting, especially since you're asking for advice.

• I do love him im 16 so we decided on engagement now and marriage when i graduated

• I agree with the rest here. i would say that's its best to wait. Especially until you have graduated. because after that you can settle down and make something out of it. if he really loves you, then he can wait with the marriage. I would wait with the engagement until I were 18.

and 11 months is wayyyyyy less time to get even engaged. I would at least wait 1-2 year.

• yea well you dont know my relationship

• If he loves you he'll wait for you. You're too young. Don't give up the best years of your life so quickly. You're young. Experience life more first.

• You're too young and have been together far too short a time. Your mother is right to go mental if she finds out. If you really are in love and are going to stay together for the rest of your life then what's the rush? Just wait until you're older and then get engaged.

• If you love him, accept. If you don't him, don't accept. ^O^

• How old are y'all?