Do you think that some people are just too good looking to date people that are far less attractive?

I was just wondering if the people here feel that sometimes the gap in looks is just too big for 2 people to date or does individual attraction and personality trump looks everytime.

• Yes
  • No
  • Other

Most Helpful Girl

• I usually date guys that are much less attractive than me.

• Is that by accident or by design?

• chance. the guys I find just as or more attractive usually have shitty personalities and very little, if anything in common. they also tend to be really dumb/dull which gets boring really fast.

What Girls Said 5

• I'd choose an average or below average nice guy over a a hot player or douche. What's the point of dating the hotter one if you can't even keep them or enjoy time with them. I would choose the nice guy for his company instead of the eye candy. And honestly I prefer to be the prettier one in a relationship just cause I have insecurities and that makes me feel more secure.

• aww... you started out nice, then just swung it back around on us lol...

• What do you mean by 'swung it back around on us'?

• I think the majority of people are just average so I don't think there is usually a huge gap and personality goes a long ways!

• I think it depends. If someone is at least average looking they're fine. There are people like me though who aren't attractive at all, and so going for the handsome man would just be pointless. I try to stay within my own level of attractiveness but those guys don't even like me. They tell me I'm hideous. So if a guy in my own league doesn't like me then a handsome one won't.

• Most of the time if a guy isn't my type but his personality is great he usually grows on me and I find myself growing more physically attracted to him

• Studies suggest that people tend to feel attraction and affinity for people in their own range of looks. So Brad Pitt, for instance, would not likely leave Angie for me. :)

• Well not with that attitude! XD

What Guys Said 5

• I say it depends on age and experience. After you have dated a lot of hot long-legged, blonde haired, blue eyed bimbos with nothing but fluff in their heads and malls on their minds... i bet you the brunette with the glasses and freckles down the hall that says Hi to you in the morning begins to look REALLY attractive.
    We all want someone that makes us look good when we are younger, thats why the girls go for the jock and the guys go for the cheerleader, but as we grow up, we realize that looking good, is not the same as feeling good and adjustments are made.

• no I don't ever think that. a really attractive person can date whomever they want, even a person that society deems as unattractive. doesn't matter.

• I think people date people who are attractive to them. That's why they say their SO is the most beautiful girl/handsome guy in the world, because in their perception, they are.

• Maybe if you have some warped idea that looks are the only thing that matter in a relationship.

• No. There as to be some form of mutually experienced physical attractiveness though.