Have you ever dated someone from a different country?

Im just wondering because i had a german girlfriend and whenever we spoke , a lot of the time we fought because whatever i wrote to her got lost in translation and it lead to arguments, has this ever happened to you?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, I did quite a few fellows.

and yes, even more than the language difference, the cultural assumptions did not line up. So if you enjoy hashing out misunderstandings. Welcome to international dating.. However, some people dont care about partnership and intimacy, just want companion and sex. As long as you dont mix finances it is okay.

I have a same culture (same city even) boyfriend now... I am so relieved to not have explain things all the time. In addition, we understand each others jokes. Much easier to be friends.

What Girls Said 4

• Not date but I did talk to this one guy from Serbia named Marko. I was a little put off when he said he was a p*rn star back in his country.

• My ex is American and my new boyfriend too. They didn't had any troubles with me.

• I have a Russian boyfriend and we both speak English fluently so there aren't any problems.

• I tried once but it didn't work. He could hardly make himself understood in English

What Guys Said 2

• No, but it happened to my brother. He dated a girl for about a year and she spoke almost no English . She made no effort to learn either (she lived in the US). He ended up breaking up with her because of it.

• No but I would definitely want to date someone from a different country as long as they speak English

• When i met my ex she didn't speak English and i didn't speak german but yet it was the most amazing relationship i have ever had.