I suck at sports, is there hope?

I absolutely blow at anything athletic. So what percentage of girls does that make me "not good enough for"?

0|0
3|6

Most Helpful Guy

• I used to suck at every thing athletic as well. Now, although I still don't have the courage to go lift weighs, namely because I have never done so before and because I have no friends or family to go with, so being alone in the gym would be humiliating - especially since I have no idea what to do. BUT, I have been jogging for two years now and it helped me improve to an extent.
    At first, I was so pathetic that I could barely run a kilometer. Now I do in between 6 and 7 daily. It is not much and I can of course do more, but one lap around the town I live in is a convenient 6+km.
    So, even though I can in no way compete with the guys in class when it comes to lifting, I can usually outrun them both in short and long distances. My point is, that you can always start trying something, and eventually you WILL be good at it.

0|0
    0|0
    • Say huh? I'd say that the majority of people at my gym are alone. There's nothing humiliating about it.

What Girls Said 3

• Not all girls likes athletic guys, unless you are into the type of girls that are attracted to athletic guys.

0|0
    0|0
  • There certainly is hope! So many girls don't like sports, and want a guy to be a musician, or a gamer, or a chef, or whatever they are into. Personally, I'm a very sporty girl, I'm a crossfit athlete, a runner and a vegan health freak and if there was an interesting guy who didn't do well at sports I would not see that as a reason not to go out with him at all. Who cares? There is more to a person than one skill or interest.

0|0
    0|0
  • There is always hope!! And dude that doesn't matter right now. As long as you're not with diabetes and healthy than you're good dude. Don't worry about it.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 5

• if you keep trying and practicing you can get good at anything. your dedication and commitment will persevere.

0|1
    0|0
    but its like anything.. find a fun game and practice. id recommend disc golf.. its a good game that both girls and guys can play and anyone will tell you that the first time they played; they were horrible.
    and any girl that doubts you because you aren't good at sports is a sleez.

0|0
    0|0
  • How old are you? Are you uncoordinated or simply in horrible shape?
    If it's the former then you've plenty of hope, the latter -- not as much.
    If you're like fourteen then you've got plenty of time, I didn't start being very good at sports (still not great) till about a year ago.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hey, I'm no good at sports either (I suck SO bad, :P), but depending on the girl, it doesn't really matter how athletic you are.

0|0
    0|0
  • A good portion, but not all. You have to show that you are good at something though, if you don't want them to think you're a loser.

0|0
    0|0