I suck at sports, is there hope?

I absolutely blow at anything athletic. So what percentage of girls does that make me "not good enough for"?

Most Helpful Guy

• I used to suck at every thing athletic as well. Now, although I still don't have the courage to go lift weighs, namely because I have never done so before and because I have no friends or family to go with, so being alone in the gym would be humiliating - especially since I have no idea what to do. BUT, I have been jogging for two years now and it helped me improve to an extent.
    At first, I was so pathetic that I could barely run a kilometer. Now I do in between 6 and 7 daily. It is not much and I can of course do more, but one lap around the town I live in is a convenient 6+km.
    So, even though I can in no way compete with the guys in class when it comes to lifting, I can usually outrun them both in short and long distances. My point is, that you can always start trying something, and eventually you WILL be good at it.

• Say huh? I'd say that the majority of people at my gym are alone. There's nothing humiliating about it.

What Girls Said 3

• Not all girls likes athletic guys, unless you are into the type of girls that are attracted to athletic guys.

• There certainly is hope! So many girls don't like sports, and want a guy to be a musician, or a gamer, or a chef, or whatever they are into. Personally, I'm a very sporty girl, I'm a crossfit athlete, a runner and a vegan health freak and if there was an interesting guy who didn't do well at sports I would not see that as a reason not to go out with him at all. Who cares? There is more to a person than one skill or interest.

• There is always hope!! And dude that doesn't matter right now. As long as you're not with diabetes and healthy than you're good dude. Don't worry about it.

What Guys Said 5

• if you keep trying and practicing you can get good at anything. your dedication and commitment will persevere.

• 0.
    but its like anything.. find a fun game and practice. id recommend disc golf.. its a good game that both girls and guys can play and anyone will tell you that the first time they played; they were horrible.
    and any girl that doubts you because you aren't good at sports is a sleez.

• How old are you? Are you uncoordinated or simply in horrible shape?
    If it's the former then you've plenty of hope, the latter -- not as much.
    If you're like fourteen then you've got plenty of time, I didn't start being very good at sports (still not great) till about a year ago.

• Hey, I'm no good at sports either (I suck SO bad, :P), but depending on the girl, it doesn't really matter how athletic you are.

• A good portion, but not all. You have to show that you are good at something though, if you don't want them to think you're a loser.