Should I try to date this guy or not?

I met this guy on match. com. I messaged him first then gave him my number about a week later to text me. We met in person a week ago when I was near his town. He took me to an upscale restaurant and bought me a flower afterwards. The only problem is he lives a couple of hours away and he is a bit shy and nerdy. Our only communication besides the date has been through messaging/texting. I'll be near his location again next week and have made a date with him. I can't wait but I feel like I'm putting all the work into communicating with him. Should I stop dating him or try to get to know him better?

Most Helpful Guy

• maybe give him a little more time than 1 date.

What Guys Said 2

• Give it a go. Keep getting to know him.

I was in your situation awhile back! It didn't work out but I don't regret it because I shared some really great times with this girl. Even though she no longer wants to be in my life

• you haven't even tasted the goods yet. patience.

What Girls Said 4

• You are totally putting in all the effort ask if he will come see you and see what response you get

• My boyfriend wasn't a talker at all when we first got together! Since we started dating that has changed. Even his family has noticed. Give him time I'm sure it will change. :)

• Give him some time :) I think you should definitely continue seeing him

• If he's shy, that's why you're putting all the work in, probably. I think you should give it a shot. If you have another date with him and you can't wait then you probably like him enough to try to get to know him. Shy nerdy people are the people who's colours show after a while, and they might be even more vibrant than those of extroverts who show you all of them at first glance. :)