Why does my bf keep treating me like crap?

My bf and I have been dating for a little over a year and we have lived together most of our relationship. He was sweet in the beginning and now it's like hell. He has talked shit about me saying I smell and just makes me feel insecure. I don't know why he talks about me like that. I am tired of being hurt. I've told him plenty of times how I feel but he never listens. He says it's cuz i fight with him all the time. Which is because he never works on making our relationship better when I'm the only one who trys. But yet everything turns around on me and it's always my fault. He says he wants to be with me forever and when I mention taking a break he never wants to. I don't want to leave him because I love him. And everytime I thinj of him being with someone else jt makes me sick. Why does he keep treating me like this and never wants to listen when I tell him stuff and doesn't seem to care how I feel? Please help I'm at my breaking point :(

Most Helpful Guy

• The truth is you taught him to do this, why should he make y effort to do anything to move things along when you are doing all the work? You are making the #1 mistake in a relationship, doing too much. So keep in mind if you do less you'll get more, do more for yourself too, hang with GF's and reengage with your hobbies if you've put them off for awhile, go to the gym and or just go for a run or walk alone, read more if you like that, the more you do for yourself the more he'll notice that you are not around as much from there set tasks for him and reward him with positive praise when he does them like picks up after himself or helps with anything around the home. Your behavior is very codependent and his is the opposite counter dependent, meet him half way by doing half as much, and don't pressure him, if he doesn't work on the relationship or do anything for you, then go hang out with people that do. Hope this helps. :)

What Guys Said 4

• I think he doesn't want to admit that he's the way you say or that he's hurting you. I'm sorry to say that, I think it's not gonna change. The best think you can do is leave him behind and follow your own way, no matter how hard it can be, it's better than being constantly hurt.

• I just don't know how you can treat someone like this thay you love. Do you think he really wants to be with me?

• It's hard to say. Maybe he wants to be with you for some reason, but I don't think he really loves you. Personally I'd never treat a guy who I really loved like that.

• Because he's a jerk. Dump him, it'll only get worse

• It's probably best for you to break up with him! If he doesn't know how to treat a girl well, he's not even worth being called a man! Leave him today for a happier tomorrow!
    P. S. I know this sounds rude, but you definitely deserve a lot better!! :)

• he makes you feel insecure probably because he's insecure himself so he does that to feel more empowered. but yea just relax, guys generally don't like fighting or nagging it can be quite exhausting maybe that's why he's provoking you as revenge

What Girls Said 1

• If he keeps treating you like crap, then why are you still staying with him? Find some self-respect and break up with him. You need to find someone who treats you better. You tried talking to him about it and he doesn't listen.