Is it ok for a pakistani/ muslim girl to date a black dude?

we haven't been seeing eachother long and she seems like a regular American girl its just that she's pakistanian and muslim and im black and christian i like her a lot but my mom keeps telling me that her parents probably won't like me. I just need feedback.

Most Helpful Girl

• As a muslim I can tell you the problem is not your skin colour it will be because you're not muslim. Being black would be because of the parents culture for example marrying only within “their people”.

It also depends if they are more liberal or conservative muslims. Many won't want their children dating outside the religion as everything is meant to lead to marriage and being a christian will cause difficulties.

You need to ask yourself if your ready to commit 100% because there will be tough times ahead.

What Girls Said 4

• That's not true I'm black/ Arab (dad) and Latina (mom) Muslims like blacks but skin and believes doesn't matter as long as there is love my parent had a shitty time when they started but they've been married 35 years and tey love each other

• Do they have opposing viewpoints on religion or share one?

• True... but only if they're hard core Muslims buena use my auntie is married to a christian

• I mean because not buena :(

• Muslim women are generaly given way less freedom to date outside their religion than men do. Sometimes muslim boys are given the oppertinity to do it if his parents are more modern but its very rare that a girl gets the same chance. Not to mention that you wouldn't be able to marry her unless you converted to islam.

• It depends. She doesn't sound religious. You should probably ask her what she thinks.

• Uh. Yeah. It's fine. Her parents won't like you if theyre traditional though, but who cares?

What Guys Said 8

• the only problem I could see arising out of that is family/cultural/traditional impacts.

• It depends on how old fashioned her parents are. If they're strict muslims, then they will expect her daughter to only be with a muslim guy. Some may let you date her, but when marrying time comes, they will expect you convert.

Now if they're loose muslims, then there shouldn't be a religious problem at all.

• It is ok but generally Pakistani parents do tend to want their children to be with someone of the same race and religion. Add to that the fact that some Pakistani girls aren't even allowed to date and you might have a bit of a tough time on your hands. But I'd still say go for it if you like her.

• i don't see anything wrong here

• It's "okay"... but the issue will be more religion and culture than your ethnicity.

• Nope. Gonna not work.

• no marrying with non-muslim men is forbidden for muslim women. it's clear in quran

• just bang the hell out of her that way she will fall in love with your dick lol. seriously though you should just work on your relationship and build a strong bond. that way you can see a future together with trust that nothing will come between