To move or not to move in with my boyfriend?

Well due to a sudden change in work schedule plus the fact that my main job is quite a bit a ways away from where I live now. I am going to have to move to accommodate the change in hours I work... and income change. My boyfriend would like for us to move in together. He hasn't pressed the idea as a matter of fact he said if I need time to adjust to the idea of it that he'll just get a place by himself and I can come over when I want and still stay at home with my mom until I'm cool with the idea.

While he doesn't have a problem with me moving in with him right now he would be angry if I got my own place. He feels that it'd make more sense if I either stayed with my mom or him that way I save money instead doing it all on my own.

I have talked to quite a few people about this even a few adult males who I look up to and they've all said it's not a good idea to move in with him.

I'm sort of at a cross road here and am not sure what I should do. Any good advice is much appreciated.

Most Helpful Guy

• If you have to ask you shouldn't be doing it.

• No I don't think there is anything wrong with asking for advice on it. A lot of the time we make decisions based off of emotions rather than logical thinking. So I figured I'd get an unbiased opinion on this.

• It isn't the act of asking but the act of doubting.

• You're right. If I'm doubting then deep down I'm not ready for that step for whatever reason unbeknownst to myself... right now. Thanks for the great advice!

What Guys Said 2

• Do it. Do it

• Depends how long you've been together

What Girls Said 4

• I've lived with two boyfriends and I would never do it again. & it isn't because it was a bad experience it is because there is an exciting chapter of your life when you get married one day... you build a life together and that includes finding an apartment or house together and living with one another. That will bring your relationship to a whole other level.
    When I lived with my ex's I loved it... It was nice to have your s/o to fall asleep with and share time with. Of course sometimes you'd want your own space and you can go on a run or to your moms for that. Overall though it is a very special and intimate thing to live with your s/o.
    My view is that if you start that chapter of your life before you get married then you are robbing from the beauty of the first few years of marriage. It is exciting... finding furniture, decorating, cooking dinner, falling asleep together and yada yada...

I hope that makes sense.

I understand that it may be convenient but I am sure you are able to get on your feet on your own.

• I had lived with 5 boyfriends and it always ends up bad and ruining a good relationship I think u should stay at you mom's

• How long have y'all been dating?

• I kind of feel like if you have to ask then it's not a good idea