How far should you go on the first date?

If you're looking for a relationship, how far would you go on the first date so that you're not going too fast or too slow? Nothing? Holding hands? Hugging? Kissing? 2nd base? or what?

• Holding hands
  • Hugging
  • Kissing (on lips or cheeks please explain below)
  • 2nd base
  • Nothing, just talking

Most Helpful Guy

• I like to keep things formal on the first date, I'm there to get to know the person and so I am in no rush to up through the gears, I'll more than likely greet the girl with a hug and a kiss on the cheek and if hand holding happens, then it happens and if the date has gone well I'll hug her, kiss on the cheek and depart or if it hasn't gone smoothly, I'll offer her a handshake out of a mark of respect for tolerating me for x amount of hours.

What Guys Said 4

• I'll go some nearby places by just talking. I'll keep hugs & kisses for the destination spot. Holding hands? I think it'll be uncomfortable after a while.

• it's ok to have sex by the 1st date

but it's TOTALLY wrong, if the guy's willing to pay the bill for both, or even worse if the girl demands about it

• All the way if the mood seems right. What's the problem? You aren't doomed to being 'used' if you do.

• kiss on cheeck 1st !! later on lip lol

What Girls Said 8

• Well it depends on what your relationship was like prior to the first date. If you were friends before that then kissing on the lips/hugging/holding hands might be okay for the first date. If you are good barely know each other then maybe a kiss on the cheek or just a hug would be appropriate. If he just randomly asked you out then maybe just talking is what is best.

• Go with the moment.
    Doesn't mean have sex, unless that is honestly what you are mainly wanting...
    Just go with it. Give a kiss on the lips good night if you feel like it.

• There is a saying about leaving them wanting more. That said, I have had some awesome first date chemistry out of control make out sessions that really had nothing to do with how the relationship turned out in the end, for better or worse.

• holding hands and talking

• If I really connected with the person, I would kiss him on the lips.

• It depends. Every situation is different. Every first date is different. How comfortable are you with them? Go with what feels natural. I think there's too much emphasis on what to do and what not to do. Just go with the flow.

• We kept staring at each other in class for about a month now. He then approached me yesterday after class. We went to the cafeteria talking for about 4 hours then he asked me if he could take me on a date and my number.

• I just have no idea what I have to do. I made a mistake of going to far on the first date and they thought I'm not looking for anything serious, but I am, so I dont wanna make the same mistake again.

• You just go with the flow. It seems like the chemistry is there. He obviously likes you which is why he asked you out. And you accepted which means you like him. Don't overthink it. If you wanna make a move but you're unsure, try reading his body language. Or just going for it.

• It all depends on the people involved, every person is different. I prefer a simple kiss on the first date if the chemistry is right

• I just hug on the first date. But I am a bit old fashioned :P