Guy asking to meet up?

When a guy asks to meet up for first time is it sort of another way of asking a girl out on a date but, in a more casual way?

Most Helpful Guy

• Let me be frank here, the first guys too aren't sure if its a date or not. But they do have romantic intentions, which may or may not change after the first meet.

What Guys Said 1

• Well if he is asking for hangout then you must think that as hangout , Not as Date. If you are interested in Dating that Guy then it can be a Date as well :)

What Girls Said 2

• I would say it is hun. I have never had a guy ask me to go on 'a date' they have always said 'hang out" or "meet up" but they have always been considered as dates. It depends if you are friends really. But if he is a friend and he's acting slightly different and messaging you more? Then I would consider that a date to. I hope it goes well! I'm 27 by the way lol. So I've been on quite a few so called 'dates' lol. It says I'm under 18 on here for some reason.

• aw thankyou! lol your probably right :) he's quite flirty so most likely and complimentary haha so yeah...
      the term hang out makes me much less nervous though

• I would like to know this as well. When they say 'you wanna hang out or get a drink?' It always makes me wonder if they are asking me on a date or they just wanna hang out.

• Yeah I am too shy to ask aswell because, I could add this unneeded pressure but, I think as young people saying hang out or meet up is a lot easier than saying wanna go on a date as a first time thing. I guess it also, depends highly where and how they wanna spend the meet up.